Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone?

Comment

$1500 is too much...$500 would be a bargain.

Somewhere in the middle might be fair IMO.

Comment

This cost me 660 USD at an auction last week, and the shell needs to be stripped of painted decals. I think you would want to not go more than 600 USD for a shell that need stripping and you're not sure what's underneath.

s/f Robert
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dasboot2011 View Post
          Any ideas on what this helmet is worth? I would like it for an affordable display piece. M38s that are unmolested are out of my range. The seller wants $1500, is this a fair price considering the condition? Though I have had two people here offering $500 for it. Quite a contrast, if its worth that little Id rather pass and not overpay.
          1500$ is definitely too much!
          It worths now just like a repainted helmet with liner band and rivets. Probably 600-800$ is the price, no more.
          I call these kinds of helmets "Scratch and Win": you buy them, you strip away the postwar paint and hope to find something good underneath.
          Sometime you make a great deal, sometime you get a piece of junk.
          It's always good to buy such helmets if price is right: you take a risk and if you fail you can always resell it to get some money back.
          But in this case 1500$ it's a too big risk!
          Last edited by Ironcrown; 12-02-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Robert you got a great deal. Hope you can get the painted emblems off.

"Scratch and win" it is...
            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thank you all very much. "Scratch and win" lol. No more lottery tickets for me. Honestly, I am just glad that I got to look a real shell over in person.
              Nice piece Robert!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X