Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repainted Para Helmet?

Hi all,

Have a chance to pick this helmet up. Unfortunately for me my focus is firearms and edged weapons. I tend to avoid paratrooper helmets due to fakes, but I figured this one might be worth getting opinions on. Pics were taken on a cell phone with flash on, so the green paint is actually dark. Also under the greens seems to have been an orange similar to North African camo. Large size helmet, ET71. Any thoughts?

Thanks all.
    Attached Files

b
    Attached Files

Comment

c
      Attached Files

Comment

d
        Attached Files

Comment

e
          Attached Files

Comment

f
            Attached Files

Comment

YES it has been repainted probably period done over a previous tan camo?

Comment

The paint is old but looks like over rust ...I'm not sure is this made directly during the war because straps also painted over cuted edges ..I also don't understand how they were cuted so short if this was done with installed liner like usually did when the helmet was on the head ..
                Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Postwar repaint IMO. Painted over the straps as Sergey mentioned, and over the liner band. Might have been a long time ago, but still after the war.
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

A very long restoration job may be worthy to recover the original camo finish underneath the postwar paint (that I'm also pretty sure it is).
                    Looks like there's a lot of kaki finish still there!
                    But be careful if you decide to clean it

Comment

I will probably leave the paint as it is, or at least have a professional remove it. My main concern was the authenticity and it seems from here and my thoughts the shell is authentic and at once a nice camo. If I can negotiate a decent price I will pick it up this weekend.

Thanks all

Comment

Looks like Einheitsfarbe 45! Nice...

Comment

More helmets in same color configuration:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...+helmet&page=3

Comment

But if the same color, was painted after the chinstrap was cut and the liner ripped out. Makes no sense IMO.
                            Last edited by Willi Z.; 11-28-2015, 09:40 AM.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Any ideas on what this helmet is worth? I would like it for an affordable display piece. M38s that are unmolested are out of my range. The seller wants $1500, is this a fair price considering the condition? Though I have had two people here offering $500 for it. Quite a contrast, if its worth that little Id rather pass and not overpay.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X