LW Field Division Displays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LW Field Division Displays

Since Oct 2014 I have focused on LW uniforms and equipment. It took me a while to arrive at a focus while meandering for a bit, but I have settled on collecting in three areas:

1. Luftwaffe Fleddivisionen uniforms and equipment in near complete array
    2. LW Erdkampfabzeichen
    3. LW portrait photos showing the LW GAB being worn.

I have made some progress and will begin posting smatterings of the work here.

This first display shows a LW man in a field division wearing a sumpf pattern camouflage ground smock. The smock has never had an eagle, but shows signs of shoulder board loops once attached. It is in worn condition. The Gefreiter is wearing a WH wool sweater and HBT pants. His boots are mid to late model schnurschuhe with leather laces.

He is loading a mix of rifle grenades into a grenade bag and holds in his hand an Italian Modello 35 greande made by BREDA.
    Attached Files

Here is a close up of the eagle on his M35 helmet which has several coats of various shades of grey and green on it, and some of the field gear.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the sweater:
      Attached Files

Comment

And the not so famous Modello 35 Breda Grenade
        Attached Files

Comment

Fighting on the Gustav Line in January 1944, this Unteroffizier of the Panzer-Division Hermann Göring has been wounded in the heavy fighting following the Anzio landings. His is dressed in a green HBT, LW four pocket tunic which has the shoulder boards and collar tabs of the HG division. His right arm and left ankle have been injured and awaits evacuation for treatment. He carries only a brotbeutel with the essentials while he is away from his unit.
          Attached Files

Comment

Here are some details. The GAB is not an original. I keep it as a reminder of the lessons learned in venturing into the realm of TR medals.

The watch is a vey nice HELIOS brand, although DH marked and not D.

The Italian camouflage pattern theater/field made trousers were reviewed elsewhere on the WAF before I purchased them. I am most pleased with how they look.
            Attached Files

Comment

This third display features a Gefreiter from a Felddivision on the Russian Front. The tunic was a rather worn fliegerbluse without insignia. I initially wanted to work on Flak units, but settled on the FD. The insignia are from the 2015 SoS and are lightly tacked on with original red German thread. There are no other insignia on the jacket.

The white fur cap was reviewed elsewhere on the WAF. The Gefreiter is wearing a reversible splinter pattern winter padded jacket. The interior has been white washed as was typical of the efforts to keep them white on the front. His gear includes a late war 1945 manufactured K98 (missing the front sight hood). He has his field shovel at the ready along with the WW1 Kampfmesser that his father carried in the trenches in France.
              Attached Files

Comment

Details
                Attached Files

Comment

Awesome display!! I have a really nice LWFD Tuchrock coming in soon. Cant wait to show you.

Comment

enjoyed seeing your'e LW mannequin displays, also the Modello 35 Breda Grenade, I haven't come across one of those well done

Lou

Comment

Great stuff and very well presented.Nice details! love the camo trousers

Etienne

Comment

Superb !!!

Bob

Comment

Very nice displays !

Comment

All beauty, congrats.

Comment

Impressive!

Thank you for posting. You must be proud!

Dressed a bit warm for New Mexico though.

Erich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X