EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photos from the top of Mt. Cairo (Battle of Cassino)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The real mystery is to know what are the circles you see arrowed... <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->"

Perhaps something archeological, some kind of symbolic place for some prehistoric people?? Ask a local archaeologist for his opinion.

JL

Comment

Marco, as always your photos provide exceptional perspective and enhance our understanding of the battlefield terrain!
      Thanks again, Homer

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
        Greetings Marco,

I noticed those in post five, and did think cultivation. Now it is clear they are rocks, so do they date to prehistoric times like Stonehenge? Would like to hike Cairo and see these someday.

Best,
        John
        John, please take me with you when you go on that hike!
        Homer

Comment

You´ve outdone yourself Marco love your pictures alot
          Superp to understand what was going on where.
          Best Jan

Comment

Great pics - helpful when studying the battle - for sure!

Pit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jean-Loup View Post
              "The real mystery is to know what are the circles you see arrowed... <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->"

Perhaps something archeological, some kind of symbolic place for some prehistoric people?? Ask a local archaeologist for his opinion.

JL
              The circles were discovered only by observation of the high and many local archaeologists are working to understand something. But for now only hypotheses

Comment

Originally posted by Darrell View Post
                Marco, amazing as always.
                What I'd give to spend time taking pictures of these battlefields of Europe.
                Hi Darrell...It 's a lot easier ... you come and we go together

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
                  Greetings Marco,

I noticed those in post five, and did think cultivation. Now it is clear they are rocks, so do they date to prehistoric times like Stonehenge? Would like to hike Cairo and see these someday.

Best,
                  John
                  John,

John, would be great to have you here again. Come ...

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Hodge View Post
                    Marco, as always your photos provide exceptional perspective and enhance our understanding of the battlefield terrain!
                    Thanks again, Homer
                    Homer...thanks to you. I try to do always something good for friends of this great room

Comment

Looks like we need to organize another FJ collector gathering! I would love to hike Mt Cairo as well! Maybe we should consider something next year; I would be game for sure!!
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                        Looks like we need to organize another FJ collector gathering! I would love to hike Mt Cairo as well! Maybe we should consider something next year; I would be game for sure!!
                        Here I am Willi...on Gustav Line...front to south

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                          2!
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                            John,

John, would be great to have you here again. Come ...
                            Marco, I have been missing beautiful, historical Cassino since our visit. We certainly should have a reunion!!! And yes, we will bring Homer this time.
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Fantastic photos Marco! I can see snow I hope you were wearing warm clothing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X