Fj assault gun tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-W.Bode View Post
    Although the material posted in the thread really is SUPERB, I still haven't seen proof for a FJ/LW Assault gun tunic with yellow tabs.

I have seen lots of variations concerning LW and FJ armoured units, but never an assault gun tunic with yellow tabs. Still I have to say that I am a beliver. I am convinced that some day the evidence will show up...

Here's another well known image that comes close, but still isn't 'it'.

*Also see my avatar. The soldier was wearing this tab in combination with a FJ-Abzeichen. Another 'nice try', but still not the material we are after.
    I agree compeletly! A fascinating topic and thread, on a subject matter where lots of questions still remain unanswered. And, the future will likely yield more photos. I spent a few hours yesterday with several collectors who can account for around 13 HG M43 tunics and wraps which they found 'out of the woodwork'; none had collar tabs. Most still had cufftitles and the others had been removed, but had evidence of the stitching.

I tend to believe, like with late HG uniforms, collar tabs were the exception. Some of the rare photos in the new "Endkampf" book present late war HG troops and their uniform variations.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

WIlli plz answer my question from yesterday in regard to transfers and cufftitles.

Comment

Terry, FJs did not wear unit cufftitles after 1940. No, someone in HG with a cufftitle transferring to a FJ formation would not continue to wear a HG cufftitle.
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
          I tend to believe, like with late HG uniforms, collar tabs were the exception. Some of the rare photos in the new "Endkampf" book present late war HG troops and their uniform variations.

Touché!

Comment

Members of Fsch. StuG.Brigade XI & XII wore field grey wrappers with yellow tabs. I will post a photo later.

Comment

FS154 were is that pic of the yellow tabs.

Comment

Photos 1 & 2 show members of Fsch.StuG.Brigade XI and on the third one are members of Brigade XII.

Last edited by FS154; 12-15-2009, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Great photos!
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Great photos!
                    Agree, wonderful photos! Many thanks for sharing them!
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by FS154 View Post
                      Photos 1 & 2 show members of Fsch.StuG.Brigade XI and on the third one are members of Brigade XII.

..!

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Hodge View Post
                        Those are just the trousers I need to complete my LW StuG ensemble!
                        hello Homer ,
                        this kind of pants are just right now in the update by Weitze.
                        (described as jump trousers)
                        https://www.weitze.net/detail/84/Luf...l__132784.html

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
                          hello Homer ,
                          this kind of pants are just right now in the update by Weitze.
                          (described as jump trousers)
                          https://www.weitze.net/detail/84/Luf...l__132784.html

Good find! They would go nicely with a Feldgrau HG tunic or Luft assault gun wrap!

He also refers to them as 2nd model FJ trousers because of the absence of the gravity knife pocket.

I find it interesting that the paper tag refers to them as "Tuch Hose".
                          Attached Files
                          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Thanks for the pic Willi. Roger or Willi, what does TUCH HOSE mean ?
                            Thanks

Good find! They would go nicely with a Feldgrau HG tunic or Luft assault gun wrap!

He also refers to them as 2nd model FJ trousers because of the absence of the gravity knife pocket.

Comment

tuch hose = "pantalon en drap"

Comment

Are you sure the label belongs to those trousers ? The numbers ( size markings ) are different.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X