Fj assault gun tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fj assault gun tunic

Can anyone post some good examples of this type of tunic. Any history links would be greatly appreciated.

Flieger Tabs

Does such a tunic exist. What Im asking is can the yellow flieger tabs be worn on a assault gun tunic.

Comment

Check the Kurtz book for a assault gun wrap worn by a Sanitäts Oberjäger. Chris Mason also has a chapter in his "Soldat FJ" book on this uniform and the FJ assault gun units.

You have a good question though. We know former Flak members probably made up some of the FJ assault gun units. Plus, the units were late war. So, while I would like to think they wore golden-yellow, it could have been red as well. Mainly because late in the war many FJs did not enlist as FJs and came from other branches; therefore they may have worn their originating colors. Early in the war I would have said golden-yellow for sure, with the exception of medical units.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi,

StugBrig XII members were FJ volunteers recruted at Melun in early '44.
        It's personel wore Heeres field-grey wrappers (with FJ tabs and luft grey boards) combined with field-grey Luft Stug trousers, luft conventional headgear including M38 FJ helmet. Footwear ...I'm not sure..regular ankle boots... I assume..
        Camo clothing as luft field jackets and FJ smocks served as additional combat dress.

Hope this helps

Charles

Comment

Very much so. Wish i could find some literature out there. THanks Willi i do have those books. IT was hard to tell in the blk and white pics. THe one book isi n color but it was for a medic. Im putting together an oberjager assault gun impression that was FJ centric.

Comment

I would love to see photographic evidence of such a tunic!

Comment

Not a LW assault wrapper but still an interesting image I think...
              Its the other way around...wrapper tabs instead of LW tabs! !
              Attached Files

Comment

That is a great photo. What book is it in?

Comment

Not FJ, but field division stug wraps.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Wow !!!! Great photo's.

Comment

Attached is a very poor quality photo of a purpose made field grey wrap for LW use (not a re-badged Heer wrap).

This unissued item still had the paper tag, was marked on the 'Luftwaffe side', had a factory applied blue backed national emblem and never had tabs. A friend owns it now.

I have seen a couple more like this; one example had been used.

Period photos of LW personnel wearing green wraps show different insignia configurations, often with no tabs being worn whatever. Of course, from black and white photos, it is difficult to know what color waffenfarben may have been worn on the straps.

It is a mistake, in my view, to believe that field grey (and black) wraps worn by LW personnel were from Heer stocks as we know that they were manufactured for specific LW use.

Anyway, it is an interesting subject.
                          Attached Files

Comment

HEER Grey Assault Wrap.

Gents/Willi
                            So its OK to have a Heer /SS Grey Wrap from At the Front with FJ flieger grey unteroffizier shoulder boards and tresse. There arent many Luft Wraps on the repo Market. If need be i can email a pic. I Love the responses this thread is generating. Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

One more thing trying to possibly find a luftwaffe breat eagle in HEER grey backing.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X