No announcement yet.

Fj assault gun tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone notice the HG Division recruiting poster behind the wrap display? It complements my HG uniform displays nicely.

Comment

The image of LW assault gun trousers that I owned in the past is presented.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Those are just the trousers I need to complete my LW StuG ensemble!

Comment

Nice trousers. Here's a pair in wear by 17.Feld Division (Lw) in 1944 along the Atlantik Wall.

Comment

I did. Manions had one of these at a KC show that was a reproduction that must have been 4' x 6'. What would really compliment it though would be a nice black wrap to go along with it. Calling Mike Davis.....

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
                  Nice trousers. Here's a pair in wear by 17.Feld Division (Lw) in 1944 along the Atlantik Wall.

Great photo! I also had these style trousers with the field grey wrap that I posted. However, a collector whose opinion I respect believes that these were indeed intended for FD use and not by LW assault gun crews. This photo tends to support that view.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
                    Great photo! I also had these style trousers with the field grey wrap that I posted. However, a collector whose opinion I respect believes that these were indeed intended for FD use and not by LW assault gun crews. This photo tends to support that view.
                    It's hard to say, Mike. This photo is from the same grouping as the previous set of Stug photos that I posted. Same Luftwaffe stug abtelung. Interesting that these guys were also wearing Heer issued items. Note the two in the middle, specifically the one in the peaked cap. I believe that they are wearing stug style trousers.

Comment

I have a M43 LWFD cap that is a converted SS cap, you can see the faded shadow of the SS Eagle on the left side!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...96#post2413896

Comment

Sadly i can`t ask my grandfather anymore about the trousers they wore, he was a Stugcommander at the LWFD, but he is dead since 13 years ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Melvin View Post
                          It's hard to say, Mike. This photo is from the same grouping as the previous set of Stug photos that I posted. Same Luftwaffe stug abtelung. Interesting that these guys were also wearing Heer issued items. Note the two in the middle, specifically the one in the peaked cap. I believe that they are wearing stug style trousers.

Another great photo; I remember this one from the previous posting.

The factors that support the FD theory is that the trousers are very close to those cut for FJ use with belt loops, snaps on pocket flaps, etc. but without the leg features for gravity knife, etc. Plus, assault gun trousers often have the internal belt...

Comment

Agreed. They are almost a simplified FJ trouser - which goes along with the simplified jumpsmock (aka field jacket).

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Hodge View Post
                              Here is one I have. It has no collar insignia although one can see tiny holes where skulls or possibly gull wings were attached at one time. The breast eagle is blue gray backed and appears to be original factory applied.
                              Wonderful and incredible Homer, a set that will be close to impossible to duplicate.
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

These LW Stug trousers also same in Luft-Grau

and are even more seldom than the Field-Grey ones

I've a relic of these Luft-Grau trousers, thus design and structure are identical to the FJ jump-trousers (be it without both knee side-pockets)

Charles
                                Last edited by DRm; 12-01-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X