No announcement yet.

I want to tell a story...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting Marco allways look forward to your great post best martin .

Comment

Wow Marco, thanks for posting the story and pictures, you really keep the history alive

Kind regards, Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
        Another priceless thread Marco!

Often wonder about the rebuilding, especially when remembering how handsome and perfect the Abbey is today, compared to the destruction described in books, or illustrated in wartime photos. A work of great care and love.

Thanks very much,
        John
        Hello great friend!
        I'm happy you and the forum friends enjoy my little contribution to the story of this battle.
        Cheers
        Marco

Comment

Originally posted by mbizy View Post
          Thanks for another great and intimate look into this significant piece of history Marco.
          Hi Mike..
          Thank you for having appreciated my little contribution.
          Cheers
          Marco

Comment

Originally posted by peterm View Post
            Very interesting pictures, Marco !!

Regards, Peter
            Thanks Peter...this is really an important piece of history of my homeland..
            Regards
            Marco

Comment

Originally posted by martin hall View Post
              Thanks for posting Marco allways look forward to your great post best martin .
              Hi Martin, Thank you to follow my little "pieces of history" that I post here.
              Marco

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas H View Post
                Wow Marco, thanks for posting the story and pictures, you really keep the history alive

Kind regards, Thomas
                Thank you for your kind words Thomas...
                The only thing that holding me is my imperfect knowledge of English language, otherwise I will do much more in this forum. But one day will speak as a cadet in Oxford ... maybe
                Cheers
                Marco

Comment

Great pictures of the great place,Marco..
                  I spent 2 days in Cassino last week during my holiday in Italy visiting the abbey,war cemeteries and the museum in the city.Very impresive places.
                  I am sure that one day I will return to those places again...
                  Kind regards,Gustav

Comment

Great Marco, many thanks for these photos! Who know those remains who belonged to!

Comment

Hi Marco - Again, thanks for posting. How did you meet the old citizen?
                      Alitur vitium vivitque tegendo

Comment

Originally posted by Colorado View Post
                        Hi Marco - Again, thanks for posting. How did you meet the old citizen?
                        Hi Jeff...very simple: I live really close to Cassino and I go to every celebration (20 january for the battle on Rapido River; 15 february for the bombardment of the abbey; 15 march for the destruction of the city; in may for the last battle. For me it's easy to meet civilians and veterans who fought this battle.
                        Regards
                        Marco

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X