Dick Winter's Fallschirmschutzen-Handschuhe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dick Winter's Fallschirmschutzen-Handschuhe

I wondered if they will hit the reserve?

http://cgi.ebay.com/101st-Airborne-5...d=p3286.c0.m14

Neat, but they don't appear to be a matched set.

Comment

yes they are not of the same pair

Comment

what a pity (not a pair)! nice piece of history.

Comment

I am actually surprised they are being sold like this on ebay. They could have been sold with just a phone to any number of people; US or German collectors.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Willi,
            several people were asked but the price as offered was $7500. which I had to chuckle since I remember when Winters offered these originally at the first Max show at Monroesville for a price far less.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carter View Post
              Willi,
              several people were asked but the price as offered was $7500. which I had to chuckle since I remember when Winters offered these originally at the first Max show at Monroesville for a price far less.
              I could see $7,400 but $7,500 is a bit steep.

Don't get me wrong. Very nice piece of history from a true American Hero.

Comment

Is it me or don't the gloves look like a matching set in the pic of Winter's (where he's holding them) and the ones for sale clearly are not matching?

Comment

I think your right Larry, in the picture of Mr Winters the right hand glove is different to the one in the ebay posting.

Comment

I think he originally brought 2 pairs back along with some other items

Comment

Gloves

There were 2 pairs one matched, one not. They all came from the positions of FJR6 on 7 June 1944.

Comment

The Price...

Originally posted by Bob Carter View Post
                        Willi,

The price was not meant to be an afront to anyone, as much of a 'chuckle' as it was Bob. The MAX show was quite some time ago. The item is without question from Mr. Winters. The other pair are in the hands of a well-known collector. Yes - several people were offered these before they hit Ebay. There was great interest, but they did not sell. Nonethless, someone will end up being very happy when they get these.

Rich

Comment

Just as long as the buyer is aware that the photo of Mr Winters, shows him with a pair of gloves and not THE pair of gloves. It would make a difference to me.

Comment

My post was not knocking the item or the price, but how prices and accepted norms in this hobby have changed over the years - as quite a few of us "old-timers" have seen things reemerge over the years at greatly increased prices. I've had pieces I damn-near couldn't give away 20 years ago come up for sale at prices 10 times what I asked only to rapidly get bought up. If anything I'm reaffirming there authenticity by saying I remember there initial offering by Dick Winters around 20 years ago - I think there was an FJ smock in there as well, anyone know where that went ??

Comment

If they were from a known German paratrooper I'd say maybe, but just a non-matching pair as a bring back for that money... ??

Jos.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X