Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rgt. 5 Erkennungsmarke

Hi Matt,

An identity disc from Fj Rgt. 5 should consist of MOB Nummern. Here is an example of half a disc from 12.Kp. Fj Rgt. 5 Koch. The blood type and mask size were not stamped on the disc and the jager has scratched them on.

Regards,
    John
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Here is Johns image

Comment

Hi John,

I don't doubt that Fallschirmjaeger ID discs did early on have MOB Nummern exclusively, however it sounds from the other responses that I've gotten on this thread that unit names, etc. were put on them later in the war. Do you have any reason to believe that FJR5 NEVER used anything but MOB Nummern? Did you try to attach an image of your tag? If so, it didn't come through- I would like to see it.

Matt

Comment

MOB Nummeren/Erkennungsmarken

Matt,

I cannot give you concrete proof that Fj only used MOB Nummeren. Late war Fj units had MOB Nummeren, so I cannot imagine why this system would be ignored in some cases; such duplication would lead to confusion. Perhaps Eric can add to this.
          Best,
          John
          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Giday Jonnie,

Glad to see you here.

All the best,

Ian

Comment

I certainly have not seen everything, but I don't recall ever seeing a paratrooper dog tag ( that I thought was original ), with anything other than the MOB Nummeren. Every tag that I have received from the vets ( including the one pictured ) has this identification system.

Does anyone have any tags using something other than the MOB Nummeren that can be linked to a specific paratrooper veteran?

EQ

Comment

Many thanks for the input Eric,

My experience with Fj veterans is much more limited than yours but still the same. Each war time veteran I've talked with had a MOB Nummeren identity disc.

Best,
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Good to see you on here John,

I agree for the most part with both John and Eric, that FJ Erkennugsmarkenshould have MOB Nummern on them. I have chatted with some FJ veterans who stated their tags had the unit in which they enlisted with. In some case this was a Flieger Regiment, etc...essentially a non-FJ unit. I would however state that it could be possible, though unlikely, that it could have a unit on it. But, these coming out of the east has all been proven to be bogus....most are rare units..some will choose, however, to convince themselves that they are original. Certainly, a FJR5 tag being found in Russia.....well, time to play the lottery on that one.

Willi Zahn
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Here are a couple that came from army paratroopers in both painted ( blued ) steel ( top ) and aluminum ( bottom )

The top one came from 5./FJR3 627 67

and the bottom one from 8./FJR3 627 70

Comment

It is true that it is not so usual to see a FJ ID with not a MOB nummer. I seen one or two IDs which have been found in France with a FJR 2 marking. HG IDs don't seem to have a MOB Nummer.
                      Those IDs for examples. Ex-POWs camp located in France are good places to find insigneas as well as IDs which have been thrown away by their owners.

Jean-Yves

Nr. 53404 -5./II./Fallsch. Jager Ausb. Rgt. 1

Nr. 217 408 - 5./FJR 5 (Becker)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X