WOW!! My MAX show find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rob
    Sorry you got caught up in the bad judgement moment with a purchase..Many people have just enough knowledge to get themselves in trouble with EXOTICA items..And as you have seen N and T means NO and THANKS to many here.. Many a collectors been stung by greed (mine mine mine) and that everyones honest in the den of snakes..The return privilege prpobably wouldnt have worked either as this fellow was probably fishing for a fellow like yourself to dispose of it.. JMHO Billbert
    Yes I ve f--cked myself with a big dollar purchase or two also over the years...

Comment

wow, it's such a mine field out there now a days!

sorry for your responses, but have to agree that NT is not a very reliable company, they make letters of Authenticity like they have a new printer. Your coat looks good as stated above and I sure don't like the stitching on the armbands, the piping looks OK with me, But?

Oh also I wanted to warn you that I have seen and sat in my car and watched a few people sell out of their cars, one I watched I walked over and looked at his stuff, he said he was about to bring all the stuff in to show to sell so I then went back to my car to eat lunch and sat and watched him milling around his car for 45 min's catching people going into the show and selling items out of his trunk and believe me he sold allot out of his car! I bet the guy you got it from was from NT, or working with them?

If you didn't pay an arm and leg for this coat you might have a nice put together coat, you can fix the problems and still have a nice buy for your collection, most of what is out there or coming out is a put together, unless you have known or know where it's been I would almost question everything I see you have to.

greg

Comment

Yeah... it can be a mine field. But it works the other way too. I have hit gold many time from items that "walk in" to the shows.
        Steve

Comment

Hi Rob,
          That terrible ache in your stomach will fade, but you will get
          the reminder when you look at the item.
          Do not do anything drastic in the heat of the moment.

View the item in daylight, not in particular brilliant sun light, this will
          give an indication of how the insignia is ' matched '.

The eagle and cufftitles are a difficlut one, if the concensus is that they
          are original, then time of application is the problem.
          As pointed out, the nap wear on the sleeve is greater than that of the
          titles. Unpick 2 or 3 threads at rear of sleeve.
          Then lift slighty and view in day light with mag glass, the less faded and
          worn nap, should be visiable.
          If they have to come off, the wool will close up with a ligh iron THROUGH
          a lighty moistened cotton hanky.

You are not alone, many if not all of us get caught up in the moment, and
          consign our mistakes in ' to be forgotten ' part of out brains.
          Every dollar hurts, if you have had to earn it. Someone has unloaded their
          mistake, but if you check its configeration, you can return these peice to
          as near ' as was '
          Best of luck .......

John.

Comment

Originally posted by 240stevek View Post
            Yeah... it can be a mine field. But it works the other way too. I have hit gold many time from items that "walk in" to the shows.
            Steve
            One has to KNOW it is real Gold, not fools Gold.

Comment

HG Tunic

Hello,
              I am sorry to hear about your purchase and I hope this will not sour you in the hobby enough to get out.

That being said, you have to worry about walk-ins. I have bought several nice things over the years from walk-ins. There are also folks who like to prey on the inexperienced with so-called parking lot finds. I have been to many shows where folks have approached me with total junk in the parking lot on the way to the show. When you leave the show they are still out there.

Personally I would immediatley be very leary if someone approached me with an HG tunic along with a letter of authenticity. As the saying goes, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

As this hobby has shown time and time again, the learning curve can be very painful.

Regards,
              Jody

Comment

worst case secanrio is you sell all the orignal parts of the tunic, so at least you can get some money back.

But again you should wait and see if maybe through the forum somedody would make you an offer for the complete thing for a reduce price.

first of all we need to be certain of the originality of the insignias, if some are period applied or if everything was added post war.

So you see not all the money invested is lost, like sayed in the thread dont make anything now, just wait that the emotions cool off, and see if the collecting comunity can help you, and that we can further evaluate your tunic with it insignias.

i mysel bought fake items on shows, nobody is perfect.

but real high desirable tunics are allways a red flag for me
                i m allways suspicious of so desirable items.

cheers

Alex

Comment

Boards look good ($150) and so does the cuff title ($800) so there's some recompense possible.
                  WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

well lets not forget the tunic

cheers

Alex

Comment

Not to belittle your situation Rob but welcome to the Frankenstein club. Believe me I know how it feels, I am already a member. From a dealer I once bought a fantastic looking "elite" tunic decked out as belonging to a famous unit and I was proud to own it until I posted pictures of it. I am sure a few of the members reading this will remember my Heer 2nd Lt. Hoch und Deutschmeister tunic. A total put-together exercise by a scumbag who did it to others on this forum as well. I feel your pain.

My advise is to listen to what John Jones wrote. He is quite correct. Allow the sting to fade and learn to live with the disappointment, it is all you can do under the circumstances. As one member reminded me, even a stripped officer's tunic has value. You have a nice original tunic and a good chance of the add-ons (Krimshield, Cuff titles, etc) being original as well. Do a search and read up on my H & D folly, it will do you good. Cheers.

Will.

Comment

Originally posted by stuart anstee View Post
                        i along with probably every other member hear knows your pain,you buy something that you have been after for ages, spend a lot of hard earned cash to get it and while your still drooling over it you get told its no goodor put together,its funny how you can go from thinking something is the best thing ever to not being able to look at it in the time it takes to read the words no-good,if i was you i would try and get your money back because as long as you have this tunic you will not look at it the same waty you did when you bought it
                        stu
                        what a brilliantly written observation.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X