WOW!! My MAX show find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW!! My MAX show find

Thought I would share my MAX show purchase with everyone who wants to see it. This was a "walk in" but it never made it pass my car. It's a beautiful HG NCO Fleigerblouse in excellent condition. It has everything going for it too. Four gull white collar tabs, slip on NCO sholder boards with two pips, factory applied Luft eagle, two ribbons and loops for three awards, block pattern Hermann Goring cuff title, Afrika cuff title, hand sewn Krim shield and the best for last, it is piped in black for Pionier Division. Yes it has been shortened, but who cares at this point. What more could a man want??? I have been looking for an HG blouse for some time and tried to buy one a couple of years ago at the SOS but the dealer wouldn't deal so I left without it. I did see an HG piped in red at the show for much more than what I paid and not as much going for it. Along with the deal came a letter of Authenticity from N&T Global to this tunic stating the condition and when it was bought, 2001 with their seal. I just love this tunic!!!
    Attached Files

WOW!! My MAX show find

Hermann Goring cuff title
    Attached Files

Comment

WOW!! My MAX show find

AFRIKA cuff title
      Attached Files

Comment

WOW!! My MAX show find

Eagle
        Attached Files

Comment

WOW!! My MAX show find

KRIM shield and Afrika cuff title
          Attached Files

Comment

WOW!! My MAX show find

Inside of blouse
            Attached Files

Comment

WOW!! My MAX show find

Best for last
              Black piped HG collar tabs and two pip sholder board with NCO tress
              Attached Files

Comment

are you sure this Afrika is original to this tunic since war end?

Comment

It might be the pics, but I see some rather decent worn areas on the jacket, the sleeves in particular..
                  The cufftitles look rather "mint" compared to those areas ... , did you check under the cufftitles if the nap/wool is still present ?
                  There should be a clear difference between the area where the wool is worn off and the covered areas IMO.
                  I would also check the sewing thread used to put on the silver Tresse as I see the tailor had a hard time going through the bend area on the schoulderstrap, there's a loose, wavey area there, which means less experience..
                  Just some observations which need to be checked..

Like said, I'm just watching pics and this is what I think I see..

Jos.
                  Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 10-11-2007, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by besslein View Post
                    are you sure this Afrika is original to this tunic since war end?
                    It can't be....plus, it is on the wrong sleeve. The Luftwaffe Afrika is not a campaign award, but rather only worn while a member of the DAK and then only worn on the unit side of the uniform....the right sleeve.

Part of me doesn't want to say anything, but I feel obligated to comment. The source (N&T) makes this Fliegerblusen highly suspicious, and so far it seems to be put together. The collar tabs and eagle are issues as well. I agree with Jos on the HG cufftitle as well. Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear. But, it is not fair to the collecting community to not comment.
                    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Looks great but I never saw a blue AFRIKA cufftitle on a fliegerbluse. Normally the brown AFRIKA title was worn. I don´t think that the Afrika cuftittle belongs to the uniform. What is the piping of the shoulder boards?

Originally posted by Jos Le Conté View Post
                      It might be the pics, but I see some rather decent worn areas on the jacket, the sleeves in particular..
                      The cufftitles look rather "mint" compared to those areas ... , did you check under the cufftitles if the nap/wool is still present ?
                      There should be a clear difference between the area where the wool is worn off and the covered areas IMO.

Like said, I'm just watching pics and this is what I think I see..

Jos.

Comment

An obvious put-together,sorry.

Glenn
                        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

Originally posted by FS154 View Post
                          Looks great but I never saw a blue AFRIKA cufftitle on a fliegerbluse. Normally the brown AFRIKA title was worn. I don´t think that the Afrika cuftittle belongs to the uniform. What is the piping of the shoulder boards?
                          I agree with you,and Glenn and Willi,this is frankenstein,fantasy tunic,sorry

Comment

Originally posted by FS154 View Post
                            Normally these 2 Afrika cufftitles have nothing to do with eachother..., the blue one might have been worn on a Fliegerbluse , I've to check.. Fliegerbluses were worn in Afrika, these cufftitles are not jacket related IMO

Jos.

Comment

Ahhhh, N&T Global Trading... that fella's screw'd many peeps.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X