No announcement yet.

Fallschirmpioniere Waffenfarbe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How early is early? That photo is post 1940 due to the eagle present on the Fliegerbluse and what appears to be a painted belt buckle.
    WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
      How early is early? That photo is post 1940 due to the eagle present on the Fliegerbluse and what appears to be a painted belt buckle.
      Note the early eagle on Steinhilpers cap and tunic

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
        All the piping as well as the tabs are yellow
        Clearly, they are not. Look at the borders of his breast eagle and para badge, which are darker than his Fliegerbluse. Readily apparent. The tabs and piping appear dark because they are.
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
          That "guy" is rather famous.

All the piping as well as the tabs are yellow, and, as this is an early photo, all are probably wool. The eagle is golden yellow, but the eagle's threads are not wool, and so react differently to film.

"Could he be a Sanitätsfeldwebel?" NEVER!
          I agree.

Anyhow, my vote is with John. As a professional photographer for all of his adult life, John has demonstrated in the past how impossible it is to judge the color of tabs, strap piping, etc from B&W photos.

As I stated before, we need other proof.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
            . . John has demonstrated in the past how impossible it is to judge the color of tabs, strap piping, etc from B&W photos.
            Yet he is quite adamant the piping and tabs are yellow
            WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Originally posted by Gene View Post
              Yet he is quite adamant the piping and tabs are yellow
              Because golden yellow was the branch piping color of the Fallschirmtruppen from day one, with some isolated exceptions. There is no proof to support Pioniere wore black at the organized unit level.

Yes, "qualified" medical personnel wore blue. But, I know a medic from FJR15 who wore golden yellow because he was not "qualified" as a Sani, but left med school to enter the FJs and was a medic during Normandy only because of his schooling.

Why doesn't someone ask the FJ Pioniere veteran's organization? They still meet annually.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

That's possibly the best thing....Surely that answer will be more affordable than any dispute on B/W pics.

Originally posted by Willi Zahn View Post
                Because golden yellow was the branch piping color of the Fallschirmtruppen from day one, with some isolated exceptions. There is no proof to support Pioniere wore black at the organized unit level.

Yes, "qualified" medical personnel wore blue. But, I know a medic from FJR15 who wore golden yellow because he was not "qualified" as a Sani, but left med school to enter the FJs and was a medic during Normandy only because of his schooling.

Why doesn't someone ask the FJ Pioniere veteran's organization? They still meet annually.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X