No announcement yet.

Helmet cover for my original M 38 Fallschirmjägerhelmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reminds me of some of the words we used to sing at infantry officer's school when starting an early morning run........"here we go again, same old sh*t again"

It is unfortunate you did not join the forum to learn from others. Rather your words indicate you think you are presenting us something new about the era, covers and the hobby.

The cover is a reproduction. Where the fabric originates from is irrelevant. There are 3 types of covers; originals, field-made and reproductions. Reproductions are made as copies of originals. Field-made covers (and I venture to say that no one who has posted on this thread has EVER seen a field-made FJ cover) would not look like originals or reproductions but would exhibit natural aging and wear...just like originals.

We are only trying to help. The rest is up to you.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

cover

oh sorry I cant know that I spoke to the god of helmet covers, I forgot that you was in the same unit as the Fj helmet was and you truly know the story.

now I will prey to you everyday my american friend. The best is that you came to germany and talk to veterans of the war like we did here, maybe you can tell them was really happended in there units.

like you said.. the same sh.. everyday.

the helmet is reproduction too, because you never saw it on real fotos LOL

Comment

and for you my special friend. I will NOT teach other news about the era or this hobby, I only told my oppion of field made items, nothing more or less.

I only asked if here is someone who can tell 100% that its NOT made in ww2 from original fabric.

You only say no, but you cant tell why... and dont come with arguments like its looks to good or **** like that.

Comment

I can assure you that I know many more FJ veterans than you do my know-it-all friend. On top of that my father was a Luftwaffe Ju-88 pilot from 1942-1945. I could go on and on.....but, why bother?

It is times like this when I it very tough to bite my tongue and remember my duties as a moderator.

Good luck in your collecting.
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

oh sorry a father that flew a JU is surly a great qualification.

Comment

Helmet

by the way my grandfather was a Bordfunker in a JU 88. But I only have his soldbuch and his Bordfunkerschein. maybe the know each other, the world is small

Comment

RELAX!! Why are you getting angry at other peoples opinions? If you feel its real I don't believe anyone is going to shake you from that opinion, so let it be.

Comment

RELAX yourself! he start to wrote things like : here we go again, same old sh.. again. Before that we had a normal discussion here.

Comment

the only thing is that I talk to people like they talk to me. in germany we say:

Wie Du in den Wald hinein rufst, so schallt es hinaus.

I am not sure that you understand it, but its absolutly the thing I mean.

Comment

fj helmet

Hey
                      How about some pics of the helmet without the cover.
                      Thanks
                      Robin

Comment

Originally posted by U.Glock View Post
                        the only thing is that I talk to people like they talk to me. in germany we say:

Wie Du in den Wald hinein rufst, so schallt es hinaus.

I am not sure that you understand it, but its absolutly the thing I mean.
                        As long as you ask for help about fantasy items as a fake Heer parabadge and a fake parabadge don't bash other people too much..

Long way to go and with a attitude twice as long..

Jos.
                        Last edited by Jos Le Conté; 08-24-2007, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Why do you even post? If you can't respect other peoples opinions and your so sure your item is real, why do you even ask? I have found the people on this forum to be nothing but helpful and I would never get angy at them because they informed me I was the holder of a fake item.

Comment

Originally posted by Westmark View Post
                            Why do you even post? If you can't respect other peoples opinions and your so sure your item is real, why do you even ask? I have found the people on this forum to be nothing but helpful and I would never get angy at them because they informed me I was the holder of a fake item.
                            Well said.WR Jim

Comment

If you cant handle comments, theres only one cure ... DONT POST !

Mark

Comment

First of all, Helmets and badges are two diffrent things.

Second thing I am not angry in any way, I only answer people in that why they are answering me.

third is , I can respect other oppions, but only when then give reasons.

If you discuss something if its real or not its normal to write why you have this oppion. Only yes or no is really poor.

But dont worry, other here wrote me and tell me its original, some german collectors too. Others say its reproduction. Its no problem for me because I got cover and helmet for a really good price.

But if I tell you that the man who sold me the helmet was a friend of siegfried milius then its true. LoL, why should I lie?

Naturally I am not happy if I tell you that and someone wrote... I have heard many stories in many years of collecting , but I dont believe all....

What does sh.. like that mean? That means I am lying!

Before those posting we had a normal discusson here. You can read it! its true.
                                I never said to anyone here your oppinion is wrong , but I think different.

I have seen much items of wehrmacht and ss wich was not standart made, because I buy militaria in most parts of Germany only from private persons.
                                I buy german militaria from 1800 - 1945 and I buy really much.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X