Clear All

Hi Dave,
    good to see you and that you were pleased with my efforts
    Regards
    Bob

Comment

Rz-16

Hi Bob

I am very glad to see that my pictures were of help in your project. If you need any more or specific ones please let me know. The chute can be inspected and pictures taken basically at any time now. Let's keep the fingers crossed that the collection will officially get under my friends responsibility early next year. We already have plans on various new displays. The school has, for example, a original FG42 1st model, so a FJR6 trooper in full Normandie gear maybe with a captured US flash light and nice "new" Corcoran jump boots that the US Army provided...of maybe wearing a musette bag as a back pack and a US rain coat (Volker has a nice story about this)...
      The collection also has a VW Kuebel and a Kettenkrad, both in so so condition, crying to be restored.

cheers
      Uwe

Comment

Hello Uwe,
        without you this project would not have been possible,thankyou so much for all your help .please remember this is the prototype in the pic and not the finished article, that will be alot better.
        The museum deserves to be in good hands,i think now that it the case,please pass on regards to Matthias.
        MFG
        Bob

Comment

Last edited by bob sellers; 01-11-2007, 06:31 AM.

Comment

comm'on guys 440 views and only 2 people posting,alot of hard work went into this project,has nobody anything to say about it
            Thanks
            Bob

Comment

Here are the New leg strap hooks i've had cast in stainless steel.
              The sprung steel strips are added afterwards and rivited on as per originals.The aperture is the correct diameter for the 50mm webbing.The pattern was made up using an original aircrew hook as that was all i could find to use,it then had to be enlarged by the castings Co.. I now have spot on repros for the RZ16's
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hooks...

Hi Bob

Those look great! By the way, I think I have found two leg strap hooks over here. They are in a friend's garage but I have not had the time yet to take them home for a closer inspection. Once done I will post pics...

cheers
                  Uwe

Comment

Hi Uwe,
                    Many thanks for your comments,yes please post a pic of the hooks when you can i would like to see them.
                    I will post pics of the chest and belly buckles at the weekend when i have picked them up form the blacksmiths.
                    regards
                    Bob

Comment

Excellent effort, and great looking items
                      WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Many thanks Gene,your comment is greatly appreciated
                        regards
                        Bob

Comment

Hi Bob!

Great looking harness and pack. All the work and effort you put into it really paid off. If I am correct this is a limited run. They should not last too long, the reenactment groups surely looooooove these!!!

Enjoy!
                          Frank

Comment

Hi Frank,
                            many thanks for your reply and comments .
                            Yes it is a limited run of 25 harness's,obvoiusly as a reenactor/collector the idea was to portray as many time frames as is possible in the life of FJR2.The beauty is nearly all members of FJR2 own an RZ20,so it's easy just to remove the deployment bag and static line from the 20 and put it in the 16...job done and your ready for that drop on Crete .
                            Yes i hope they all find homes, there are a few left.
                            Regards
                            Bob

Comment

Rz16

Thanks for your hard work,Bob! Looking forward to getting mine!

It'll be a nice piece of kit with the original RZ16 canopy i have,packed in it!

Cheers matey,

Manny

Comment

Many thanks Manny I look forward to handing your harness over and thanks for keeping the Faith.
                                Bob

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X