Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I hate to see us discuss this issue on this great thread, some valid points are being made.

Bill is techincally correct in the content of only "pure" FJ items are discussed here. John and Jos are certainly correct (as I tend to agree) that both certain discussions get completely lost in the uniform section, and there is a very strong link with ground division, Luft tropical, etc to the Fallschirmtruppen. We do state this section is for "uniforms, headgear, insignia and field gear" of the FJs.

This could end up being quite the slippery slope however. Those items are also sometimes discussed elsewhere. In fact, almost everything here (documents, photos, FJ helmets, etc) can be discussed elsewhere, based on how we have the forum set up. We also say we discuss FJ badges here, but many, if not most, threads on FJ badges now take place in the Luft badge section. FJ Helmets get presented in the helmet section, yet it is the FJ collectors from here who go over and comment. Same goes for many Luft uniform/ insignia questions. Not a black and white issue here. People seem to place threads where they feel they will best get the answer to their question. Or to present items where they get the higlest level of interest. Something to ponder......
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Another scarce shoulder strap. Green HBT for the four pocket HBT tunic, with subdued tresse, and flight piped.
      Attached Files
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hello all

Here are the camo soulders straps I have, found with the bluse.

Comment

Comment

I have already shown the Tarnjacke, few months ago. But with a authentic thread about Fielddivisions, I can't resist. This one come from north of Seine valley, and certainly from 17. Feld Div. (L), who where stationned here. It particularity is the Heer bevo eagle changed in place of Lw eagle.

Comment

Here is my second, very classic, but found without soulders straps...
              This one came from the left side of the Seine, few kilometers of Rouen. It probably belonged to a Flak soldier, because many Flak items were found at the same place.

Comment

It eagle.

Comment

Very fine jackets Luft.76! Rare straps, unusual that the HBT fabric runs across the straps and not down the length of them. Thanks for sharing these.
                  Regards,
                  John
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

You are welcome, John, and thanks. Always a pleasure to show such pieces, and to see others ! All Luftwaffe ground units are my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by Luft 76
                      You are welcome, John, and thanks. Always a pleasure to show such pieces, and to see others ! All Luftwaffe ground units are my favorites.

They are some of my favorites too Luft. 76! Here is a rare strap, a very early example.
                      Regards,
                      John
                      Attached Files
                      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Like the soulder strap shown by Willi, yours is realy interesting. Never seen before. Most of the NCO seem have used blue-grey soulders straps on camo tarnjacke, istn'it ?

Comment

Yes, NCO straps in splinter are extremely rare. IMHO this strap represents a field promotion. It is an Unteroffizier strap that has not been closed at the base, yet has a pip.

You are correct, most soldiers wore standard wool straps with their camo. jackets.
                          John
                          Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Great strap John! I have been holding my breath.

Luft76, nice straps and jackets. Always nice to see some with a direct battlefield link.
                            Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

guys, great thread!
                              Luft76, do you know of an official order to change LW insignia to Heer when LW field divisions where regrouped into Heer (L) units? i recently acquired a set of pics from J******228;ger-Rgt. 23 (L) in Latvia, summer 1944. the vehicles have WH-numbers while you still can spot the LW-eagle on the fieldjacket (sorry for pic quality, but the original is tiny). for a similar mismatch see: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=157821
                              w.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here are mine enjoy:
                                As for the boards on the splinter they have always been on the jacket since day one, all are unissued.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X