X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Always nice to see it again Homer!!

Comment

Superior example Homer! And with period applied boards, sweet! The helmet is not too shabby either.

Happy Christmas eve everyone!

John
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

John, it is a very nice one. I'll bet you wish you had one just like it, don't you?
        I posted those green piped LW straps just to get some other opinions on what they are but I've not had a single response. Where are the experts?
        Homer

Originally posted by John Hodgin View Post
        Superior example Homer! And with period applied boards, sweet! The helmet is not too shabby either.

Happy Christmas eve everyone!

John

Comment

Very nice camo helmets and LWFD Jacket. Is that a Fahrrad storage box I see behind the Army Camo helmet?

Originally posted by boyouLaGleize. View Post
          Mine,
          bought in june on E-stand.

Comment

Is that a Fahrrad storage box I see behind the Army Camo helmet?
            Indeed,it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Hodge View Post
              Where are the experts?
              Homer
              Don't know Homer, been looking for the Experten since I joined the Forum, should you find them, please let me know.

As to your straps, they look suspect, please wrap them in some Christmas paper and mail them to me. What would you like to discuss about them?

Best Christmas wishes to ya Homer!
              John
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

In my original post with the photos, I asked for opinions as to whether they are (1) Feld Division, (2) late-war HG Pzr Gren, or (3) something else, e.g., air control. I have an opinion which I shared with you sometime ago, but I'd like to hear what others, especially, FD collectors, think.
                What you like me to include a card along with the Christmas wrapping paper?

Comment

In my original post with the photos, I asked for opinions as to whether they are (1) Feld Division, (2) late-war HG Pzr Gren, or (3) something else, e.g., air control. I have an opinion which I shared with you sometime ago, but I'd like to hear what others, especially, FD collectors, think.
                  What you like me to include a card along with the Christmas wrapping paper?
                  Yes please, include a card and a photo of yourself with a Santa hat on.

Regret that i cannot remember that discussion Homer, but do have an opinion, will email you soon.
                  Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Homer,
                    I have a single for Air Traffic Control and the green is a different shade. Don't know if that helps any, except to eliminate one possibility.
                    Merry Christmas!
                    Leroy

Comment

Leroy, Thanks. In hand, the piping is the same as Heer Panzer Grenadier green piping and I believe they may be for HG Pzr Grenadieras worn later in the war. I have a named LW Feldgrau 4 pocket tunic with white LT collar tabs and LT boards piped in Heer Panzer Grenadier green and the original German owner served in one of the HG Panzer Grenadier regiments. However, they were sold to me as FD straps. I thought I'd just see what others thought about them.
                      Merry Christmas,
                      Homer

Comment

Leroy, Thanks. In hand, the piping is the same as Heer Panzer Grenadier green piping and I believe they may be for HG Pzr Grenadieras worn later in the war. I have a named LW Feldgrau 4 pocket tunic with white LT collar tabs and LT boards piped in Heer Panzer Grenadier green and the original German owner served in one of the HG Panzer Grenadier regiments. However, they were sold to me as FD straps. I thought I'd just see what others thought about them.
                        Merry Christmas,
                        Homer
                        Merry Christmas!

That is the Air Traffic Controller waffenfarbe. Still VERY rare!!!

Comment

Any more LWFD items before the New Year?

-Bryant

Comment

Very hard for me to tell for sure, but here is an Air Traffic Control visor and the green APPEARS (to me at least) to be a brighter shade than appears on Homer's straps.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Couldn't the particular green color be kinda multiple purpose ?

Like yellow, doesn't mean flight and para only, like many still believe ..

The yellow comes in different shades also, sometimes almost orange ..

Have read discussions about the green gebirgsjaeger color, the green should look like this, no it should look like that etc..
                              I think there were variations and they really didn't care those days..

Think I've seen air traffic control colors that were a screaming light yellowish green ..., not quiet, but almost like the late Panzer grenadier stuff, think the straps in question are a few shades darker .., but when do colors switch to another branch ?
                              At shade stage 5 or 6 ?

Jos.

Comment

Good point, Jos!

I vote for stage 6.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X