Fj Pants Snaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OH NO!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, jump pants I might be able to afford......
    Herlé, are these really the pants with the WUK snaps?
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
      OH NO!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, jump pants I might be able to afford......
      Herlé, are these really the pants with the WUK snaps?
      No John, i found this one ten years ago in a farm near Brest with an helmet shell, grenade bag, and gasmask bag.... I don't have any picture of the "wu(c)k pant
      Herlé

Comment

Man, those trousers are wucked up!!

Herlé, what else can you tell us about those items you found on that farm? As with some of Ben's finds, I think these stories are very interesting. Though we, here in the US, get great items from US veterans, I think it is fascinating to find these things today (or the past) on former battlefields, etc.

Always something new to learn. Though there are always some very rare exceptions to the rule, and we like to focus on the rules (in regards to the norm), I think we have to keep our minds open on these matters.

Willi
        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Zahn
          Man, those trousers are wucked up!!

Herlé, what else can you tell us about those items you found on that farm? As with some of Ben's finds, I think these stories are very interesting. Though we, here in the US, get great items from US veterans, I think it is fascinating to find these things today (or the past) on former battlefields, etc.

Always something new to learn. Though there are always some very rare exceptions to the rule, and we like to focus on the rules (in regards to the norm), I think we have to keep our minds open on these matters.

Willi
          Well Willi,
          in the same farm, we have found gasmask bag http://images.andale.com/f2/129/126/...7_DSCN0701.JPG
          the pants, helmet shell(i don't have picture) bandoleer, and a grenade bag in camo, there was also number of box... You are right when you say there are (SOMETIME) some exception for the rule Look at the next picture of a bandoleer...

Comment

Look at this : it's funny
            http://images.andale.com/f2/129/126/...4_DSCN0619.JPG

Comment

Another one
              http://images.andale.com/f2/129/126/...2_DSCN0620.JPG
              Herlé

Comment

Great pieces of history Herlé. Can we see the grenade bag and helmet sometime? Thanks.
                John
                Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hello,
                  here is the grenade bag,no zip and straps are cut like for the gasmask bag....
                  http://images.andale.com/f2/129/126/...7_DSCN0737.JPG

Comment

Thanks. I sure wish these could talk.............
                    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Many thanks Ben,

I have actually seen an early trapezoid flapped bandoleer with "WUK" snaps. Cesar posted one on the Forum a year or so ago, but the photos are no longer there. I may have them saved to disc somewhere if anyone wants to see them here. The wu"C"k was what I had a problem with. Perhaps Herlé typed the name incorrectly. Herlé, if you see this please comment. The addition of the C is something I'd expect of fakers.....sounds like....

Regards,
                      John
                      Hi John,

I got some pics of the early trapezoid flapped bandoleer with "WUK6" snaps from my friend, have a look :

I also found two kinds of STOCKO snaps pics, what's your opinion?

I think the last one is a post war item.

Regards,
                      Joseph

Comment

Hi Joseph,

I agree, the last stocko snap is post war, first one is authentic WWII. There are other authentic stocko variations, depending on snap size.
                        Regards,
                        John
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hmmm, some dealers would describe those trousers as having "minor mothing". Great stuff. Thanks for showing.

Comment

Hi Joseph,

I agree, the last stocko snap is post war, first one is authentic WWII. There are other authentic stocko variations, depending on snap size.
                            Regards,
                            John
                            Hi John,

What's your opinion about the first STOCKO snap?

Regards,
                            Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Wu
                              Hi John,

What's your opinion about the first STOCKO snap?

Regards,
                              Joseph
                              Sorry Joseph, meant to say "the first 'stocko' snap is authentic WWII" IMO it goes without saying that the WUK is, of course, authentic.
                              Best,
                              John

PS: I was very disturbed by the stocko snaps on those jump pants you posted a while back,...accurate copies of a WWII pattern.
                              Last edited by John Hodgin; 09-30-2003, 10:39 AM.
                              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Sorry Joseph, meant to say "the first 'stocko' snap is authentic WWII" IMO it goes without saying that the WUK is, of course, authentic.
                                Best,
                                John

PS: I was very disturbed by the stocko snaps on those jump pants you posted a while back,...accurate copies of a WWII pattern.
                                Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply. I think my friend Peter is very happy now. Nice authentic bandoleers he has, I'm happy for him.

Regards,

Joseph

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X