X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L.B.A.(S)43
    Attached Files

Comment

The last one, another L.B.A.(S)43 stamp.
      Regards,
      Joseph
      Attached Files

Comment

Personally I'd steer clear of any para clothing with STOCKO snaps. The only genuine item I recall with such buttons are flight gloves. PRYM 6 or PRYM 6H are the only ones I trust; granted, I've only owned 4 smocks but all were from different sources yet had the same or similar characteristics.
        WAF LIFE COACH

Comment

Hi Joseph,

Where did those trousers come from? You can tell me in a PM if you like. I have never seen bad ones look so good. Even without discussing the snaps, many other areas of "concern". I have yet to see repros so well done. I know about 4 or 5 companies that now make reproductions, can't recall this exact style.

Willi
          Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Hi Willi and Joseph,
            I have seen this type of trousers with STOCKO 6 snaps before at Beltring. They cost about £400. The foreign dealer who was selling them had lots of items from the Janke factory so it is possible that they were made by them.

Regards

Steve

Comment

This is very disturbing! These trousers, like the repro green step in smock I posted on another thread, are meant to fool and rip off collectors, not for renacting.moremad

Legit stocko snaps are found on water bottle covers, M-38 helmet chin straps, bandoleers, a few jump smocks, and on LOTS of flight clothing. The snaps on these trousers are a direct copy of the WW II design. Post war stocko snaps are different and easy to spot; these are made to deceivemoremad moremad

I'm pissed.
              Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Yes John, I agree........moremad

These are not like any Janke's that I have seen. Whoever made these tried to get the markings correct. They tried to do some of the small details that most of the ones made for re-enacting usually lack.

Unfortunately, these could easily fool those who do not have real ones to compare with.

Willi
                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

I was just informed that these same style trousers have appeared on the sites of two dealers; one in the UK and one in the US. Both are dealers that I have never trusted (but many do for some damn reason), and both specialize in many "found in the East" reproductions. So, these trousers must be a new supply. Study them well. Asking price to date seem to be from $2000-3600. moremad Those brown buttons seeem to be common on repros coming out of the Czech Republic.

Willi
                  Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

thought I'd bring this one back to the top for Willi

Comment

Originally posted by John Hodgin
                      I think Steve is correct, repro. I've never seen a jump smock or jump pants with anything other than prym snaps, except for a few late war examples with STOCKO snaps. So other than prym, stocko would be the only other acceptable type. I believe Willi has photographed a late smock with STOCKO snaps. Bandoleers and helmet straps have numerous kinds of snaps used, never have I seen or heard of 'WUCK.' Sounds bad.
                      John,

I have seen "WUK 4" markings on original water bottle covers as well as "WUK 6" on the snaps on German flying boots.
                      Having said that, I have never seen these snaps on anything Fallschirmjäger related.

Cheers,

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben
                        John,

I have seen "WUK 4" markings on original water bottle covers as well as "WUK 6" on the snaps on German flying boots.
                        Having said that, I have never seen these snaps on anything Fallschirmjäger related.

Cheers,

Ben
                        Many thanks Ben,

I have actually seen an early trapezoid flapped bandoleer with "WUK" snaps. Cesar posted one on the Forum a year or so ago, but the photos are no longer there. I may have them saved to disc somewhere if anyone wants to see them here. The wu"C"k was what I had a problem with. Perhaps Herlé typed the name incorrectly. Herlé, if you see this please comment. The addition of the C is something I'd expect of fakers.....sounds like....

Regards,
                        John
                        Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Many thanks Ben,

I have actually seen an early trapezoid flapped bandoleer with "WUK" snaps. Cesar posted one on the Forum a year or so ago, but the photos are no longer there. I may have them saved to disc somewhere if anyone wants to see them here. The wu"C"k was what I had a problem with. Perhaps Herlé typed the name incorrectly. Herlé, if you see this please comment. The addition of the C is something I'd expect of fakers.....sounds like....

Regards,
                          John
                          Hi john,
                          6 month ago someone phone me and tell me he had a FJ trousers for sale, with wu(c)k snap, i don't remember if he told me "wuk" or "wuck"...
                          Herlé

Comment

Hey Herlé!

Thanks for the quick response, you are alert! WELL! If the snaps were WUK, the pants were likely authentic! Any chance of getting photos of them now? If not, we are wucked...
                            Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Hey Herlé!

Thanks for the quick response, you are alert! WELL! If the snaps were WUK, the pants were likely authentic! Any chance of getting photos of them now? If not, we are wucked...

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Ben

Ben
                                Hi all,
                                i was waiting for John answer, so here is a picture of the pant, i think i wait too long
                                http://images.andale.com/f2/129/126/...5_DSCN0703.JPG

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X