Charlie and "The Monster"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the kind words Owen.

Sergey, my converted Splinter step in is on green. If memory serves, Charlie's was also. The photo I posted is from an old print and the color could be off for several reasons. Will post more photos of Charlie's jump smocks as time permits.
    Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Another one of Charlie's splinter jump smocks.
      Attached Files
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Thanks for telling this amazing story and for showing all these impressive items.

I noticed one remark you quoted from Charlie: “we are just temporary custodians of our collections" . Nothing could be more true and very important to remember.

Hans Kristian

Comment

Very nice ans moving story. We are all temporary custodians of our collections. It is always a shame to see the work and passion of a lifetime spread to the four winds, but it is so.

Ysto

Comment

Originally posted by Ysto View Post
            Very nice ans moving story. We are all temporary custodians of our collections. It is always a shame to see the work and passion of a lifetime spread to the four winds, but it is so.

Ysto
            That’s true Ysto, and as John has alluded to , it is what collectors like Mr Hinz have learned and passed on by their deep study ( including these very items from their own collections ) that inspire the rest of us , and help us to pass on this passion for preserving history also....may be spread to the four winds - but with a purpose .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X