No announcement yet.

TAN M-38 with history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet !...both the history and how you got it after all those years. Love the crazing over the paint. Congrats !

Comment

Originally posted by beachgrip View Post
      Beautiful helmet, congratulations. I am wondering what a tan M38 is doing in the middle of a Belgian winter in late 1944, however. Any thoughts?
      I got 6 tan M-38 on the last 40 years. All have been found in France and Belgium.
      They probably all come from Normandy.
      During the German debacle in 1944, the main body of German troops fell back on Belgium in order to regain Germany.
      I got this one 6 years ago :
      https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...38-para-helmet

Comment

Originally posted by pieand View Post

I got 6 tan M-38 on the last 40 years. All have been found in France and Belgium.
        They probably all come from Normandy.
        During the German debacle in 1944, the main body of German troops fell back on Belgium in order to regain Germany.
        I got this one 6 years ago :
        https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...38-para-helmet
        I see, that's really interesting, thanks. Once again, great helmet, congratulations.

Comment

Hi,
          loverly helmet great that you have not decided to replace the straps like some would have done I don't have any Fj helmets but if I was to have only one that would be the one.
          Mark

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, you've waited for this helmet for many many years, from someone you know, apparently it has some history to it, you have had it not even a month and are wanting to move it on already, for a general smock with no provenance ? I must say I would find it impossible to do that.
              p.s this comment is not a springboard to criticise you, and there are many snooty collecting attitudes in this hobby, maybe mine above is one of them ...but I would want to soak this one up for more than a few weeks , anyway up to you of course, I just wish I had your contacts !
              Last edited by eubank; 09-05-2020, 03:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                Wow, you've waited for this helmet for many many years, from someone you know, apparently it has some history to it, you have had it not even a month and are wanting to move it on already, for a general smock with no provenance ? I must say I would find it impossible to do that.
                p.s this comment is not a springboard to criticise you, and there are many snooty collecting attitudes in this hobby, maybe mine above is one of them ...but I would want to soak this one up for more than a few weeks , anyway up to you of course, I just wish I had your contacts !
                I understand your amazement. But in our passion today, it is not possible to keep everything. Especially at the price we pay for these things. The guy had looked on the internet before he sold it to me. He knew the value very well.
                It therefore becomes very complicated to buy from the private . But you have to take every opportunity, especially with this kind of parts that are not so easily found.

Comment

Yes, my focus is helmets so I am biased in that regard. A very interesting find ...fortunately of course there were no para helmets picked up on UK soil during wartime ( apart from that one from the captured spy that dropped in ! )

Comment

hi , very very beautifull helmets, thanks ????

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X