This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic 3.
    The interior padding looks "wrinkly", is this something to be concerned about?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-03-2005, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Pic 4.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-03-2005, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Pic 5.
        OK, this DD is supposed to be an improved M38 with the improved M40 version of the chinstraps. But if this is the case I still have concerns about the shape of the buckle, does it really look original, the shape seems slightly wrong or?
        Shouldn't there also be stitching on the "leather loop" which holds the buckle to the chinstrap (see the red circles)?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Pic 6.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-03-2005, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Just a note concerning another helmet: Ebay item 6550701373. A clear fake which even I can discern. Straps look like ATF and shell looks Czech ("footed" 1 on the ET 71 stamp and wrong shape of shell).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-GERMAN-...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

Just curious, but the stamping font also looks odd on that Ebay helmet. Was the stamping font style on originals pretty consistant?

Comment

Concerning the previous helmet (Ebay item 6550327128) I've had some email correspondence with the seller ("sirgregoryjames") where I requested additional footage of the helmet decals on the DD in the ebay ad and also a SD para which I was being offered for US$1700 at first.
                I will post pictures of the SD para later but even I (a mere amateur) can see it's a fake.

I received a picture of an eagle from neither helmet! (easily checked with shell pictures received earlier).
                This eagle is featured below.
                The totally irrelevant picture came along with some broken camera excuses and an un called for discount on the SD, now US$1600, + free shipping!

Slightly puzzled I e-mailed another request for some high resolution pictures of both helmets eagles and this was the reply:

"Hi Sigurd, what I was trying to tell and show you is that my camera takes good pictures, but my camera is BROKEN. I had to borrow my friends camera, and it is not a good camera. I will try to borrow it again to get the decal pictures for you, but the quality is going to be really crappy. These are the best pictures I can do right now. It is a very good helmet, all 100% original, I know whom ever gets it will be very happy with it. I also allow for a 48 hour inspection on all my items if they are not original, you may return it for a full refund. I wish I could take better pictures, but I just can't and I'm sorry about this, I will try to get his camera and take some of the decals, but if you look at the decal pictures there, of the eagle, the para that I'm selling on ebay, the eagle is just like that, in very nice shape, please believe me, the tri colors are in good shape also, thankx Greg".

I must remind you all that the Ebay helmet (6550327128) might be correct, it's up to the pro's to judge. But as a watch collector I know the old rule "buy the seller and not the item" and though I'm not sure about the helmets authenticity I'm damn sure about the authenticity of the seller!!!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 04:59 PM.

Comment

This is the SD para helmet I am being offered from "sirgregoryjames" for US$1600. Not listed on Ebay.
                  A "steal", isn't it (but for whom, the seller or the buyer?) .
                  To me this helmet screams REPRO!!! But then again I am an amateur.
                  I have not got any close-ups of the eagle (yet).
                  Seven pictures will follow.
                  I've added some personal "amateur" comments but I'm sure the pro's can add much more...

Pic. 1:
                  The wear looks strange (the "lines").
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Pic 2:
                    Is the bolt supposed to be that flat?
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Pic 3:
                      Doesn't the wear of the interior of the shell (towards the rim) look "strange"?
                      Also, (just a reminder; I am an amateuer) I see both a makers stamp AND a RB stamp. I've never seen this before. Is this OK or "normal" and if so, is it common?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-05-2005, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Pic 4:
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Pic 5:
                          The rim looks fake to me.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Pic 6:
                            Further rim details that, in my opinion, looks repro.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Last picture, Pic 7:
                              That buckle looks "ATF" to me. Also I have concerns about the straps.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Sigurd Helge; 08-04-2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

EVERYTHING about this helmet is wrong.
                                Originals NEVER have both a maker name (Heisler) and an RB number on the liner.
                                It's one or the other.
                                Don't waste your money. This is a very obvious copy. And not a good one at that!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X