m38 with heer decal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sergey K. View Post
    Thanks Gustav, I've seen them.. nice pix too bad we don't know the area but based on bunker life in summer I'd say they should stay there for quite long time. Interesting to know more about this place.

I have one ground dug Heer FJ helmet recently found on positions of FJR1 , winter 42/43. Orel area.

Also similar helmet was dug up on late 41 Newa front but there were Pioneer troops there. More likely some vets of Heer para went to units having their helmets with Heer decals.
    Sergey,according the info from a seller it should cover the "Unternehmen Shamil "in Caucasus region.You can find some info of it on the web.

Comment

Gustav, your comment about troops putting on their own decals is why authenticating such helmets now is nearly impossible, and has to be taken into consideration when deciding to buy any example. And certainly when assignng a value.
      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
        Gustav, your comment about troops putting on their own decals is why authenticating such helmets now is nearly impossible, and has to be taken into consideration when deciding to buy any example. And certainly when assignng a value.
        Agree Willi,without the 100% provenance it's impossible.But we know that such helmets with hand applied Heer decals existed

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X