No announcement yet.

Rudolf Toschke Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think one needs to actually hold the paper on hand to inspect is it original or photocopy.

Comment

Rudi Toschka - Chania KC

Gents -

Unfortunately members "Gehlert" and "Schneekoppe500" from Germany did not prove their claims. Just another inmature hit-and-run, back into their chambers, while looking at this thread every now and then since they posted.

Maybe the lot is known within collectors' circles in Germany. From what I see on the pictures provided by HH, the smaller documents all look very original to me.

In any case, every bidder can ask HH beforehand or go and visit the lot prior to the auction to make sure.

It's the centerpiece of any serious Fallschirmjäger collection well worth it's starting bid. I'm sure it will find a worthy home since such pieces tend to go into collections which are not influenced by economic ups 'n' downs...

CheeRS ,

Markus.

Comment

The large, double-sided parchment document with a calligraphic national eagle and text, the name "Rudolf Toschka" in hand-cut, gold letters, issued at "Führerhauptquartier, den 14. Juni 1941", below which Hitler's pantographic signature in ink. Dimensions 44 x 35.7 cm. The folder in immaculate condition, made of chestnut Morocco leather with a gold-embossed eagle on the front, gold linear ornaments and parchment inserts on the inside, the gold signature "Frieda Thiersch" on the lower right border, complete with the two felt strips for name and signature. Dimensions 45 x 36 cm.
        The documents (all perforated) for the Knight's Cross dated 14.06.41 with Kastner's original signature in indelible ink, for the Iron Cross 2nd Class dated 12.05.40 with Richthofen's original signature, for the Iron Cross 1st Class dated 13.05.40 with Kesselring's original signature, document for the paratrooper badge dated 17.06.38 with von Greim's original signature, the cuff band "Kreta" with document dated 20.05.43, for the Luftwaffe Ground Combat Badge dated 01.09.42, for the Wound Badge in Black dated 18.09.41 with Walter Koch's original signature, for the Sudetenland Medal with clasp dated 20.06.39, for the Wehrmacht Long Service Award for 4 years dated 02.10.36 and appointment to Feldwebel in the "General Göring" regiment dated 01.04.37. Police documents from this time, including certificates from the Polizeischule Brandenburg, commitment note and approbations. From the post-war era, certified copies of his military service book, newspaper cuttings and cards for association meetings, approx. 40 photos, passport photos and prints, postcards, an illustrated book on "Kreta - Sieg der Kühnsten", Steirische Verlagsanstalt Graz, 1942. "Großer Wehratlas", Velhagen & Klasings, Bielefeld, 1938 and a 35 mm "Tenax" camera by Zeiss Ikon.
        Rudolf Toschka (1911 - 1944), awarded the Knight's Cross on 14.06.41 as Oberleutnant and Zugführer in the 1st/Luftlande-Sturm-Regiment 1 for exceptional bravery during the invasion of Crete, whereby he himself was severely wounded.

Comment

Because my name has fallen, I want to answer. "Markus" do you really belive I would doubt on the originality without any reason? Why all doubts get rejected? Isn't the structur of the paper and the colour of the Kreta topic suspicious to you?
          best wishes
          Gehlert

Comment

Hello guys,

It has been a long time since I posted something on the WAF, but I will add something to this very interesting thread.

I saw there are some doubts on the grouping, unfortunately I also have my concerns.

Then we come to the point to provide some evidence for my concerns which I can completely understand.

After a telephone coversation with the owner I got a scan which will be (in my opinion) very interesting. I also asked him to date the scan on today's date.

If we take a closer look to the citation of the "Erdkampfabzeichen" one can see the number 39 in the right upper corner. In attachment a close up of the original to compare. One can see a clear difference in how the right upper side is cut.

Also the previous comment of member "Gehlert" is correct.

But like Markus and Chen said, those who still have doubts, should see the documents in person. I hope someone has to chance to go and can confirm that these urkundes are printed on modern paper.

Best regards,

Brecht
            Attached Files

Comment

Well that's not good. A reputable auction house selling fakes?

Comment

Here is a close up screen shot of the upper right corner of the award document Brecht is comparing to, see that it has been cut off.

FWIW, I did write to the seller to verify these are the original documents and not color copies. They put in writing that the documents are original as advertised...

Regards,
                Mike
                Attached Files

Comment

If the documents that Herman Historica have are fake, it should be easy to tell because they will be copies of the original hand signed signatures. Unless the awards have been forged?

Comment

Hi Brecht

As you had a phone call with the actual owner who dated the picture. Did you geht any comments from the Owner, his he aware about that HH auction.
                    Could he not personnaly claim to HH.

JED

Comment

Originally posted by Brecht B View Post
                      Hello guys,

It has been a long time since I posted something on the WAF, but I will add something to this very interesting thread.

I saw there are some doubts on the grouping, unfortunately I also have my concerns.

Then we come to the point to provide some evidence for my concerns which I can completely understand.

After a telephone coversation with the owner I got a scan which will be (in my opinion) very interesting. I also asked him to date the scan on today's date.

If we take a closer look to the citation of the "Erdkampfabzeichen" one can see the number 39 in the right upper corner. In attachment a close up of the original to compare. One can see a clear difference in how the right upper side is cut.

Also the previous comment of member "Gehlert" is correct.

But like Markus and Chen said, those who still have doubts, should see the documents in person. I hope someone has to chance to go and can confirm that these urkundes are printed on modern paper.

Best regards,

Brecht

Thank you Brecht !

Now that's a well backed up and firm argument. Very interesting and I see your point now comparing both documents.

Would be interesting to know how Hermann Historica explain that...

So your contact kept the small documents to Toschka, but gave the large document & folder into auction?
                      (I assume the formal KC document & folder are not photo-copies)

Best,
                      Markus

(ps. The formal document alone would be worth around EUR 35,000.00 in retail)

Comment

Updates?

Comment

Originally posted by HouweTrouwe View Post
                          Updates?
                          Pulled

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X