Rudolf Toschke Grouping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rudolf Toschke Grouping

Check out this collection of award documents belonging to Rudolf Toschke. Most know him for leading a group of paratroopers during the airborne invasion of Crete, where he was awarded the Knights Cross. A lesser known fact is that Toschke participated in the “silent attack” of the Albert Canal bridges as a member of Sturmabteilung Koch, eighty years ago today, May 10, 1940.

Regards,
    Attached Files

start with commission = 25000euro, i don't know the final hammer price it should be.
    but for the coming world going-down econmoic environment, it is a nice star in the sky.

Comment

Yes, Rudolf Toschka was a wellknown paratrooper and when he died in 1944 he was one of the oldest paratroopers in his unit. He entered his service in 1931 as a police man. That makes him so special and interesting for paratrooper collectors.
      Great to see this variety of papers, but the documents are not original and modern foto copies.
      In this case it will be interesting to see, what final price stands at the end.....
      best wishes
      Gehlert

Comment

Great to see this variety of papers, but the documents are not original and modern foto copies.
        In this case it will be interesting to see, what final price stands at the end.....

Gehlert[/QUOTE]

far more interesting than the grouping itself

Comment

Just out of interest sake if the papers are repros has the auction house listed them as photo copies then?

So what is original just the Knights Cross document then?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaun Winkler View Post
            So what is original just the Knights Cross document then?
            the documents shown in above 2 fotos are original I think.
            copy ones maybe others documents.

Comment

Gentlemen --

From what I'm reading, all documents are original and no photocopies.

Unfortunately I already have the large Knight Cross document to one of Toschka's comrades.

Maybe I should get a second one?

Cheers,
              Markus.

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                Gentlemen --

From what I'm reading, all documents are original and no photocopies.

Unfortunately I already have the large Knight Cross document to one of Toschka's comrades.

Maybe I should get a second one?

Cheers,
                Markus.
                oh. no, you have too many, let us have something.

Comment

Just curious how many German got KC during Battle for Crete?

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
                    Just curious how many German got KC during Battle for Crete?

Should be about 25 individuals in three award "waves" (June/July/August 1941) if I'm not totally mistaking?

I'm new to the the Fallschirmjäger field, but I haven't seen more than maybe 4 or 5 formal KC docs to Kreta-Springer. There must be more around though.

Can anyone of the more experienced FJ collectors shed more light?

Glück ab!
                    Markus
                    4./Fj Btl. 313 (Varel)

Comment

is here any story to read abaut this soldier? price is not for me ,but i will be realy happy to read abaut him .thanks you

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                        Should be about 25 individuals in three award "waves" (June/July/August 1941) if I'm not totally mistaking?

I'm new to the the Fallschirmjäger field, but I haven't seen more than maybe 4 or 5 formal KC docs to Kreta-Springer. There must be more around though.

Can anyone of the more experienced FJ collectors shed more light?

Glück ab!
                        Markus
                        4./Fj Btl. 313 (Varel)
                        Markus,
                        Thanks.
                        I am more interested in Gran Sasso raid .

Comment

Why should the documents be copies?

Comment

It doesnt matter which price stands at the end .
                            I dont want to see the face of buyer when he realizes that
                            the documents are copies.
                            Drama is guaranteed.
                            Everybody who has doubts can use the inspection date to convince himself.

Comment

Hey,

thanks for the further input but that does not answer my question.

How can you be sure that these are copies? Are there any facts for that?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X