Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quarantine thread, show some random stuff!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
    Oooh John !
    that was the theory 20 years ago. Late produced items are now much appreciated : breadbags,
    Canteens, .......M45 "earthbrown" suits and Leibermuster since period pics did appear
    Generally, when folks think about lower quality late war items, it relates to weapons: firearms, bayonets, etc. Also things like badges, etc, etc. Of course wool....and even those late thin FJ smocks from a fabric sense, not features. Regarding weapons it was more about lowering the time it took to make them by saving machine working steps. Stamped parts over machined from solid blocks, cruder stocks, etc. Many of the changes started in 1943, once "total war" was declared.

Also noticable were "Ersatz" leather field gear items. Webbing replacing leather, etc.

I have 3 stone mint "byf44" K98s, and just in that year alone the difference between an early '44 example to a late '44 example is rather striking.
    Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by clint-magnum View Post
      Oooh John !
      that was the theory 20 years ago. Late produced items are now much appreciated : breadbags,
      Canteens, .......M45 "earthbrown" suits and Leibermuster since period pics did appear
      True, however just last week I read a post in another section how many late war items show inferior construction.
      Esse Quam Videri

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
        As to the The early m36 type 2 zip smock, that was just dumped immediately after landing in combat wasn't it ?
        Yes, thats why jump smocks were invented: to be worn over the fieldunform and gear, and to be removed after landing.

Comment

Some more of the early para
          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful. Interesting details to study too.
            Glad this one wasn't left at a drop zone.

Comment

Cool set, Patrick. Congrats
              Looking for FJR2 combat pics in Russia.

Comment

Amazing, Patrick ! There can't be much left for you to collect ?

Comment

Patrick!

Now that set completely knocked me off my feet....

As a matter of fact I have started to venture into FJ collecting this week on the basis of this thread! It really (and finally) got me started...!

Having served with the FJ (4./313 in Varel) I've never understood myself why I was only collecting LAH/WSS and KCs and never any Fallschirmjäger...

Anyway it's going to be another side-collection from now on.

Last, not least, I like to see that here at the FJ-Forum there's a much better mood and comradery going on that on others. Congrats to all participating here!

Glück ab!

Markus.
                  Last edited by markus; 04-23-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Camo

Back to the random, and far from rare, some candid snaps today as it was sunny so gave me achance to appreciate my very worn fjr6 (11 th Kompany, Baumgartner named) helmet...
                    Attached Files

Comment

....green....
                      Attached Files

Comment

super nice item posted
                        here is nice period photo that show early Fj configuration as posted above
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                          Patrick!

As a matter of fact I have started to venture into FJ collecting this week on the basis of this thread! It really (and finally) got me started...!

Having served with the FJ (4./313 in Varel) I've never understood myself why I was only collecting LAH/WSS and KCs and never any Fallschirmjäger...

Last, not least, I like to see that here at the FJ-Forum there's a much better mood and comradery going on that on others. Congrats to all participating here!

Glück ab!

Markus.
                          To the light side of the force we welcome you
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eubank View Post
                            Beautiful. Interesting details to study too.
                            Glad this one wasn't left at a drop zone.
                            Actually it was, was left in Holland in 1940

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post
                              super nice item posted
                              here is nice period photo that show early Fj configuration as posted above
                              Thanks for posting, this indeed was the inspiration

Comment

Originally posted by markus View Post
                                Patrick!

Glück ab!

Markus.
                                Markus, welcome to FJ collecting! You will enjoy it!

BTW, I earned my Fallschirmspringerabzeichen at Nagold many years ago with the 263rd (Saarlouis).
                                Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X