Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soldbuch 162.(Turk.) ID for review

Hello

We do not often see docs related to Ost-Legionen. Here a soldbuch to a Hauptfeldwebel who served in IR 303 in Italy in 1944.

Best regards

Zek

Stamp of Georgische Legion :

Very interesting Sb., congratulations.

Comment

Nice Soldbuch!!! Here's one of mine for comparison:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=811574

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

very interesting SB! Also here we have posted some info about 303 Turk Regiment .... at that time I was not able to post pictures: just I have a moment I add them...

ciao Oriano

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=martiri

Comment

It's strange : why have they kept "Infanterie Regiment" designation in 44 in their Sb., in stead of Grenadier Regiment ? A specificity of all eastern volunteers units ? Or only this division ?

Comment

Originally posted by Luft 76 View Post
            It's strange : why have they kept "Infanterie Regiment" designation in 44 in their Sb., in stead of Grenadier Regiment ? A specificity of all eastern volunteers units ? Or only this division ?
            an interesting question!
            It is the same in Jan's Soldbuch and I have always found "162. (Turk.) Infanterie-Division"

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
              It is the same in Jan's Soldbuch and I have always found "162. (Turk.) Infanterie-Division"
              Yes, I noticed that also, without answer for the moment. About Infanterie Division, it's the normal designation.

Comment

Hello

Ian, both soldiers were in Front Stalag 112 (Dulag 112) in Ukraine before IR 303. Any link between a camp of russians POW and IR 303 ?

As you can see on this soldbuch, mentions before IR 303 (page 4) are scratched. Do you know the reasons ?

Thanks for all your comments

Comment

I have a few Soldbuchs that were in "Foreign units" and these units have been scored out....I presume to hid the fact they had served in those units......perhaps done prior to going into PoW captivity?

/Ian
                  Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X