Oriano I found it!!! Georgisches Legion Soldbuch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oriano I found it!!! Georgisches Legion Soldbuch

Soldbuch to Soldaten (later Sanitäts Feldwebel) Ernst Berg issued 8.2.1940 by Sanitäts Ersatz Abteiling 2 in Stettin.

Page 1 has a few stamps from "No. 2 Decontamination Unit" and "Heimkehrerbetreuungsstelle" (Repatriates support center) from 25.2.1966!

His first unit was Frontstalag 112 (Frontstammlager für Kriegsgefangene) which was formed 25.7.1940 in Schwerin, WK II. This was renamed during March 1941 to Dulag 112 (Kriegsgefangene Durchgangslager) Romny, Ukraine (March 41-July 1942) under Heeresgruppe Süd.
    On 4.7.1942 the unit formed Stab der Georgische Legion (162 Inf.Div.), this was disbanded on 7.6.1943 and reorganised as Stab/Infanterie Regiment 303 of 162 (Turk.) Infanterie Division. The Division served in Italy from October 1943 until the end of the war.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ian Jewison; 07-09-2015, 09:40 AM.
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Security checks......top of page 15 with a nice "Georgisches Legion - 162 Inf.Div." stamp.

During 1944 he was transferred to 13 (I.G.) Kompanie.
    Attached Files

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Only awards entered are the Russian Front Medal and War Merit Cross 2nd Class with Swords.

Leave 3. FP Nr. 14588 - Frontstalag 112, later Dulag 112.
      Leave 4. Front Stalag 112.
      Leave 8. FP Nr. 56096 – Regiments Stab und Stabs Kompanie, Infanterie Regiment 303.

I've not got round to identifying any of the signatures yet!

/Ian
      Attached Files

Comment

a 303 Turk IR!!! breathtaking ! incredible! wonderful...... many, many thanks Ian.....

Comment

Great Soldbuch

Here is a Portrait of Oberfeldwebel Wagner IR 303, 162. Div. (Turk) - Italy 1944
          Attached Files

Comment

it has many hints for much research .... for example, after the August-September 1944 he returned POW in Rimini ;
            the commander of the Lager 13a was the General Heygendorff, the last commander of the 162 Turk. Div.... !!!
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mufasa; 07-09-2015, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by naxos View Post
              Great Soldbuch

Here is a Portrait of Oberfeldwebel Wagner IR 303, 162. Div. (Turk) - Italy 1944

very nice portrait Naxos! thanks
              Oriano

Comment

it is really a special gift for me, to see a Soldbuch of 303 regiment .... a fantastic soldbuch of the 303 ID!
                In all this time the only thing that I found of 303 IR is a KVK1 Certificate signed by Oskar Ritter von Niedermayer, the german Lowrence of Arabia and first commander in Italy of 162 Turk Div ...... many thanks Ian!!!

Oriano
                Attached Files

Comment

more some news and photos on this extraordinary Soldbuch:

The Germans had little consideration of the war-value of the 162 division and its Regiments, and they preferred to use Behind the front, especially against partisans.
                  But during the last battle for Rimini the German are forced (for they losses) to take their the forefront ...... in San Fortunato Ridge (the Hills of Rimini) the 314 Reg. behind the 29 Pz. Gren. Div. (and just in the line the 314 Reg. will be immediately destroyed by Canadians) and our 303 Reg. with the 216 Art. Reg. and the antitanks units, inside Rimini with the 1st Falls. Div.
                  Attached Files

Comment

and soldiers of the 162 Turk Division captured on 20/21 September 1944 in San Fortunato Ridge from Canadians
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mufasa; 07-11-2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

and here I had posted a beautiful sequence of photos on the Turkmen coast of Rimini ....

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=rimini

and further the Gothic Line: another important place of the 303 Turk Gren. Reg.
                      1st and 2nd April 1945 before the final battle during English Amphibious Operation "Roast" for the capture of Porto Garibaldi north of Ravenna on the Adriatic coast.... (map from Guglielmi-Belogi / Spring 1945 on the italian front)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X