No announcement yet.

Some Wehrpasses of the 71 ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess Oriano was referring to the inscription on the house in the background: Anton Zalo... Or something similar. This name (or word?) does not seem italian.
    Maybe the picture was taken elsewhere instead of in Italy?

Comment

My mistake, Oriano spoke about French name. And for me, this photo was taken in Italy.Now it isn'tobviously. Thomas

Comment

for the beautiful mood of the two Italian Generals (then before 8th September 1943) I had formed the idea (but it is just an idea) of an inspection in France or Corsica)

Comment

I would also say that Raapke is wearing a late war pattern tropical tunic: no pocket pleats and straight pocket flaps.
          If it's not a privately purchased tunic that anticipated the changes of the mass production, probably the picture was taken in 1943.

Comment

and it seems the same tunic of the Saint-Exupéry photo....

http://alifrafikkhan.blogspot.it/201...normandia.html
            Attached Files

Comment

another....

Oberstleutnant Pretzell / GLt Raapke / Oberst Barnbeck

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
                and it seems the same tunic of the Saint-Exupéry photo....

http://alifrafikkhan.blogspot.it/201...normandia.html

Comment

signed by Paul Hausser II. SS Armeekorps
                  Raapke wounded in Trieste or Fiume?

Comment

Originally posted by Saint-Exupéry View Post
                    another....

Oberstleutnant Pretzell / GLt Raapke / Oberst Barnbeck

signed by Paul Hausser II. SS Armeekorps
                    Raapke wounded in Trieste or Fiume

still a fantastic photo Saint-Exupéry!! and expecially an fantastic and incredible certificate!!!

congrats!!!!
                    Oriano
                    Last edited by mufasa; 03-14-2016, 03:21 PM.

Comment

thanks Oriano
                      thomas

Comment

And also a fantastic Urkunde!
                        Probably the general was lightly wounded during an antipartisan operation.
                        Or maybe during the fightings against the italian army unit that after the 8th September armistice tried to resist.
                        I say a light wound because I didn't see any mention about it in the general's biographies that can be found on the Web.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
                          And also a fantastic Urkunde!
                          Probably the general was lightly wounded during an antipartisan operation.
                          Or maybe during the fightings against the italian army unit that after the 8th September armistice tried to resist.
                          I say a light wound because I didn't see any mention about it in the general's biographies that can be found on the Web.
                          thanks Ironcrown
                          Unfortunately I don't know where he was wounded

Comment

against the Tito's partisans in Istria, between Fiume (Rijeka) and Trieste where the 71 ID was heavily engaged from the 13/14 September until late October ..... it is probably a slight wound (no news even in the "Die 71 I.D. 1939/1945 Ge, SturdDorfler Ed) but a really extraordinary document ....

Comment

Comment

Hi
                                very interresting.
                                I have an early soldbuch of the 12/ IR194 (Franckreich, Russland).
                                Wounded near Stalingrad the 7 August 42.
                                After convalescence, he joined the 48. Infanterie-Division (constituted with the 171. Reserve-Division) in Belgium.
                                He finished the war with the Grenadier Regiment Danzig 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 61 users online. 0 members and 61 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X