No announcement yet.

Some Wehrpasses of the 71 ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mufasa : A real Master to make us feel the Connection between Paper Stuff and History !! Congrats, keep on the Good Work ! L.

Comment

Very nice pair Oriano.
      Congrats
      It's pretty rare to see an artilleryman with a combat badge and an EKII.
      This was a real warrior inside his unit!

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
        with the wehrpass there is only his ISA certificate, of which unfortunately I was unable to trace the signature
        Looks like it says "Schreiner".

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Luft 76 View Post
          Very interesting ! Nice to have two docs related to the same unit. And the Sturm Abz. award is not common.
          many thanks Luft 76!
          ciao Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
            Mufasa : A real Master to make us feel the Connection between Paper Stuff and History !! Congrats, keep on the Good Work ! L.
            many, many thanks for your nice words (708.V.G.D (indeed first of all I "collect" the stories of the soldiers, and the places where they fought)

ciao Oriano
            Last edited by mufasa; 03-13-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironcrown View Post
              Very nice pair Oriano.
              Congrats
              It's pretty rare to see an artilleryman with a combat badge and an EKII.
              This was a real warrior inside his unit!
              grazie Ironcrown!
              ciao Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post

Jason
                thank you very much for the information Jason, I try to look for if I find something
                ciao Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post

Jason

following your track:

Schreiner, Otto, 30.04.1943, (German Cross in Gold) Hauptmann, Art.Rgt. 171

many thanks!

Comment

Hello mufasa

Very great threat !!!!
                    Thank you for sharing all that stuff.

I like the 171.Infanterie Division and especially the Artillerie Regiment 171, because my grandfather fought in it.

He was in the "first" Artillerie Regiment 171 and was evacuated from Stalingrad.
                    After that, he was in the new Artillerie Regiment 171 as Wachtmeister in Italy, fought at all places wich you named in the thread (Cassino, Gothic line, etc) and became british POW in the vicinity of Modena in the Po-Ebene.

I have some stuff of the 71.InfDiv and a photo album of the ArtRgt 171 from my grandfather.
                    If you want... I can show some pics.

Best regards, Fronti

P.S.:
                    Found a little mistake...
                    Originally posted by mufasa View Post
                    with the wehrpass there is only his ISA certificate, of which unfortunately I was unable to trace the signature
                    It isn`t an ISA, it is a Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. (ASA)

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Orden/asa.html

Comment

Originally posted by Frontalschaden View Post
                      Hello mufasa

Very great threat !!!!
                      Thank you for sharing all that stuff.

I like the 171.Infanterie Division and especially the Artillerie Regiment 171, because my grandfather fought in it.

He was in the "first" Artillerie Regiment 171 and was evacuated from Stalingrad.
                      After that, he was in the new Artillerie Regiment 171 as Wachtmeister in Italy, fought at all places wich you named in the thread (Cassino, Gothic line, etc) and became british POW in the vicinity of Modena in the Po-Ebene.

I have some stuff of the 71.InfDiv and a photo album of the ArtRgt 171 from my grandfather.
                      If you want... I can show some pics.

Best regards, Fronti

P.S.:
                      Found a little mistake...

It isn`t an ISA, it is a Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen. (ASA)

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Orden/asa.html

first of all thanks for the correction! i

the war of your father with the 171 Art.Reg. is very interesting and exciting...
                      This is the right place for the 171 Art.Reg. and everything that you can post here, it is very welcome!!

.... so if I correctly understand, your father dont leave Italy with the 71 Division for Hungary in November 1944, but he remained here and I was captured by the British in April 1945 near Modena, right?

ciao Oriano

Comment

A small Contribution for your great Thread. Her's one Pic of my Collection. As I first red "Greiner" on the Back, I thought it was Major Rudolf Greiner (GCG 13.01.44, 12./Arft.Rgt.98)..... But now after reading your THread I think it is Otto SCHREINER..... Anyway, it was a Major serving by Art.Rgt.171.... and with this Major Rank, it is very probable... Lionel.
                        Attached Files

Comment

my contribution
                          71. ID Raapke in Italy

Comment

Originally posted by 708.V.G.D. View Post
                            A small Contribution for your great Thread. Her's one Pic of my Collection. As I first red "Greiner" on the Back, I thought it was Major Rudolf Greiner (GCG 13.01.44, 12./Arft.Rgt.98)..... But now after reading your THread I think it is Otto SCHREINER..... Anyway, it was a Major serving by Art.Rgt.171.... and with this Major Rank, it is very probable... Lionel.
                            Very nuce and interessing additiios . Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Saint-Exupéry View Post
                              my contribution
                              71. ID Raapke in Italy

nice photo, on the wall it seems a French name "Anton (?) Zalo......
                              Last edited by mufasa; 03-13-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

yes french pilot and writer...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 27 users online. 0 members and 27 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X