Soldbuch italian "Panzerspähwagen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting Oriano!!!

I have a couple to the same unit somewhere.....also had a SB/WP set that I sold some years ago that was with the Stab. The entry was for Aufklärungs Abteilung (mot) OB Südwest, later renamed Aufklärungs Abteilung (mot) 400....not sure if Panzer was in the title or not now.......I do know it went to Italy but not to who.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Supper nice Soldbuch and great research and presentation as always

Thanks for sharing this with us!

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
        Dear Oriano, a very interesting SB!
        Extraordinary the photos of the unit near Cassino ... the training in Italy ... the stamps of the Panzer-Abteilung Ausbildungs-Süd ... wonderful!!! Chapeau!

And as always great research!

The tank in the Lonigo's photos is a italian p43?

Saluti,

Pietro

grazie amico mio!
        the tank in the Lonigo (Vicenza) picture is the heavy tank (indeed a medium tank, heavy 26 tonns with a efficient 75/34 gun) P40 (or P26/40)
        Excludingt the turrets used as fixed stations were produced only 45 pieces they all went together to the Police (SS) unit...

ciao Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
          Very interesting Oriano!!!

I have a couple to the same unit somewhere.....also had a SB/WP set that I sold some years ago that was with the Stab. The entry was for Aufklärungs Abteilung (mot) OB Südwest, later renamed Aufklärungs Abteilung (mot) 400....not sure if Panzer was in the title or not now.......I do know it went to Italy but not to who.

/Ian

is a real mine (a diamond mine) your deposit-colelctions of docs Ian!!!

I have some confusion about the sequence of the Units of "400", especially on the end.

born precisely( as you have perfectly written) by Aufklärungs-Abteilung OB Südost that in January 1944 is renamed Aufklärungs-Abteilung 400, then in September 1944 is renamed Herees-Panzer- Aufklärungs-Abteilung 400 that should cease to exist in January 1945 and converge with its AB43 in the MG Battailon Kesserling 2 (fights in April 1945 in Massa Carrara).

but on this part something is not clear, because Herees-Panzer- Aufklärungs-Abteilung 400 continues to receive AB43 until the middle of March 1945 (I found the docuemnts of delivery in the book of Guglielmi) then in the Rudolf capture document his Unit of origin is indicated as the Herees-Panzer- Aufklärungs-Abteilung 400 coem indicated on its soldbuch ...

thanks my friend!
          Oriano

hello Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer Rob View Post
            Supper nice Soldbuch and great research and presentation as always

Thanks for sharing this with us!
            Many thank for you nice word Rob!
            ciao Oriano

Comment

Oriano,
              Your presentations and papers make me look forward to seeing the Forum.
              Jeff

Comment

Very nice Soldbuch and great Presentation as usual Oriano well done!

Comment

Wonderful, wonderful........my new favorite panzer solduch .
                  Love the photos and the italian theater camo schemes

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
                    The Panzer-Abteilung Ausbildungs-Süd, was in charge the training of the Germans soldiers to the use of the Italian armored vehicles.
                    It had moved to Lonico from Verona (Montorio Veronese) in April 1944 (and will remain in Lonigo there until November 1944) ....
                    Thanks for that info Oriano,

I have remnant Soldbuch where the guy was with this unit, he then transferred to Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung “Oberbeck” which was later number 192. I have never seen any reference to this unit except a Soldbuch on MFF a few years ago!

Unfortunately all that remains is the cover, page 3/4 and his driving license.

/Ian
                    Attached Files

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
                      Oriano,
                      Your presentations and papers make me look forward to seeing the Forum.
                      Jeff
                      many thanks Jeff!!
                      Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                        Very nice Soldbuch and great Presentation as usual Oriano well done!
                        Many thanks Daniele!! ciao Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis S View Post
                          Wonderful, wonderful........my new favorite panzer solduch .
                          Love the photos and the italian theater camo schemes
                          Many thank Dennis S.
                          Oriano

Comment

Thanks for that info Oriano,

I have remnant Soldbuch where the guy was with this unit, he then transferred to Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung “Oberbeck” which was later number 192. I have never seen any reference to this unit except a Soldbuch on MFF a few years ago!

Unfortunately all that remains is the cover, page 3/4 and his driving license.

/Ian
                            really interesting Ian! the stamp looks the same, there is the correction 192 that I can not understand and explain, however the change the dates : my is dated september 1944 your (as for the driving license) december 1944....

the Driving License was probabily relased not in Lonigo (Vicenza) because Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung-Süd in october 1944 it was moved again, this time in Krainburg (Kranj - Slovenia), although some of its troops were left on Italian territory closer to the operating Units; in January 1945 it was moved to the area of Casarsa (Udine)..... no, I can not understand the 192 ?? is of line below of the "Oberbeck" unit?

(I can not find anything about the Panzer Aufklärungs Abteilung “Oberbeck", if it had some Italian armored vehicle; the AB 41 in particular have been used everywhere, in all the Balkans, in France, in Hungary, in Germany)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mufasa; 04-03-2015, 04:21 PM.

Comment

For some reason I had always presumed he had remained in Italy, however could it have been a unit raised in Slovenia?

The only Oberbeck I have come across so far was with my favourite unit, however what he did post Stalingrad I am not aware:

Oberbeck, Herbert. Rittmeister
                              8./Panzergrenadier-Regiment 26
                              09.04.1943 Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Of course 24 Pz.Div. was in Italy during 1943......perhaps he changed units?

/Ian

Comment

For some reason I had always presumed he had remained in Italy, however could it have been a unit raised in Slovenia?

The only Oberbeck I have come across so far was with my favourite unit, however what he did post Stalingrad I am not aware:

Oberbeck, Herbert. Rittmeister
                                8./Panzergrenadier-Regiment 26
                                09.04.1943 Deutsches Kreuz in Gold

Of course 24 Pz.Div. was in Italy during 1943......perhaps he changed units?

/Ian

is very difficult without other data .... I counted at least twenty smaller units (Police, SS, Kosaken, etc) in Yugoslavia with the Italian armored cars, plus 3 Croatian Division (369, 373, 392) with the A.A. based on AB41 with German crews ....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X