• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oriano,
    Your collection keeps growing!
    Jeff

Comment

An other nice group Oriano. Interesting ! Congrats.

Comment

Thanks Jeff!! Thanks Luft 76!!

Ciao Oriano

Comment

What for a great Thread !!!! Just stunning researches and images... One of a Kind !

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel H. View Post
            What for a great Thread !!!! Just stunning researches and images... One of a Kind !
            Thank Lionel !
            Ciao Oriano

Comment

One of the nicest group related to the Flak and the anti-partisan action in Italy!
              I had the luck to touch personally all the documents....! Great group, my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Pie View Post
                One of the nicest group related to the Flak and the anti-partisan action in Italy!
                I had the luck to touch personally all the documents....! Great group, my friend!

Yet a special thanks my friend, because without you it world not have come here .... it is one of the beautiful Wallestein lots that I have ever seen ....

ciao Oriano

Comment

Wallestein Pietro!

are not rare private the photos taken from German soldiers during the operations against partisans in Italy ... two that I have in the collection ... the first is south of the "pincer" against Montefiorino, from the Bolognese area, we are in Guiglia (vilet triangle in the map), a strategic point, German NCO who come out of the "Pension Santina" cheerful probably after a nice lunch (the Pension Santina also exists today, specialty "gnocco fritto")
                  Attached Files

Comment

the second one is taken northwest, in the inaccessible Apennines between Parma and Piacenza towards Liguria (green triangle) it was in a lot, unfortunately sold divided and irremediably dispersed, of a set of photos taken arund Bedonia area. I had focused on this (as well as another pair) because it was unique for the context. As was the custom of the Germans during the Italian roundup in the mountains, to take with them the men met (partisans or not) as porters, hostages and guides.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very intresting... with the Wallenstein reference and the use of civilian as ammo transporter/guides.
                      Probably the biggest roundups in Italy to secure the area of the Gothic Line as the supply lines.

Comment

Very intresting... with the Wallenstein reference and the use of civilian as ammo transporter/guides.
                        Probably the biggest roundups in Italy to secure the area of the Gothic Line as the supply lines.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X