Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dko View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and I am looking information about the Flak Regiment. 131 that on June 5, 1944 around 2pm shot down a B17 bomber that was bombing the railway bridge of Vado/Marzabotto. Where can I find reports and any documentation about this fact? Thank you
    I'm sorry but we are too far north for me and for my "archive"
    .... the same day here in Romagna they have downed aircraft planes from Bologna ( probably you already know this beautiful search)

ciao Oriano

http://www.grupporicerchestoriche.it...df/Longino.pdf

Comment

I have another Soldbuch to post in this topic (an ordinary soldbuch but but special for me because he had his guns not far from my grandparents' house) but first I wanted to go back (they are always a works in progress) to the lot of this NCO soldbuch that it has opnened this topic for a nice discovery
      Attached Files

Comment

The center of this Soldbuch (as written in the beginning) was the Vado railway bridge , one of the most bombing bridges by the Allies in Italy .... in addition to that already posted here are two other allied aerial photo
        Attached Files

Comment

this strategic bridge over the river Setta, It is the main rail connection (even today) with North and South Italy

today......
          Attached Files

Comment

and there was always a lot of work for italian army bomb squad in Vado.....

these two photos are of a couple of years ago during work on the work on the
            highwaynear the vado bridge
            Attached Files

Comment

But the reason why I return to this Soldbuch are these two photos in the album

.... I'm a perfectionist (no! a maniac) and I do not like to all ruin the paper (documents or photo) but here (after two years !!) I ripped!!
              Attached Files

Comment

as I thought, taken summer 1944
                Attached Files

Comment

(Ita)lien August Überwachungs Kdo. Ospitale!!!! thank Gerdan!

Ospitale (the archaic and medieval name of Hospital, in italian language today is Ospedale)

and quick search and immediately jumps out: we are in Monzuno, just above Vado with a wide viewing angle on the Setta valley and perfect output range of 8,8 cm to engage the allied planes on Vado bridge...
                  Attached Files

Comment

I have not found online photos of "Ospitale" : only that it was a large convent to house and care for pilgrims in the Middle Ages..... only an old engraving and a old picture
                    Attached Files

Comment

and I understand why there are no recent pictures ....

the place is perfectly indicate thanks to the Municipality of Monzuno,
                      Attached Files

Comment

but "Ospitale" it is not easy to see
                        Attached Files

Comment

the only access today .....
                          Attached Files

Comment

but then the emotion to be in front of the ruins of the Überwachungs Kdo" of the Flak Abteilung 361 in "Ospitale"

(under the picture for a comparison)
                            Attached Files

Comment

WOW!
                              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
                                WOW!
                                Jeff
                                ciao Jeff!
                                Oriano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X