No announcement yet.

Cavalry Regt wehrpass help needed ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the replacement unit he joined was Kavallerie Ersatz Abteilung 18 as mentioned.

I checked the wrong info earlier when I mentioned Cavalry Tradition...I checked Kradschützen-Bataillon 36 rather than Aufklärungs-Abteilung 36.

It was formed 26.8.1939 in Darmstadt through Kavallerie-Regiment 6. On 11.11.1940 it was motorised. 12.11.1941 renamed Voraus-Abteilung 36 and on 15.3.1942 disbanded with the remains going to Kradschützen-Bataillon 36.

Kradschützen-Bataillon 36

Formed 9.11.1940 through renaming Maschinengewehr-Bataillons 11. On 15.3.1942 merged with Aufklärungs-Abteilung 36. 11.11.1942 renamed Aufklärungs-Abteilung.

Of course both belonged to 36 Infanterie Division.

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

There we go, the 'corp-cavalry 5' in the description was, as you can see more than a little confused.
      Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Must have been the 5 as in Schwadron but most would have got confused with the Voraus

As you say....what about the other descriptions? If he doesn't know......not helping him selling stuff

So, Adam, are you going to buy it?

/Ian
        Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

No he will not drop the price , will just wait until one comes up on estand again, I have got two from estand already .

Thanks again Ian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X