Post your favorite acquisitions of 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
    Nothing major just an Oberleutnant's Soldbuch. He had earned the Iron Cross 1st Class and Gold Wound Badge early in the war and was with the Schule VI f. Fahnenjunker der Inf. in Metz during the campaign. there in 1944. Notice he has a POW number and no security check on page 15 for Sept.1944.
    Thats interesting Jeff,

Are there any Kampgruppe entries on the unit pages at all? I have a couple but none with the Metz 1944 cufftitle as they were all taken prisoner prior to the entry or award recognition!

/Ian
    Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Erwin L View Post
      Woww, really. To be honoust, I can assure that i'm not impressed by this kind of statements, Mr Johnson. Like i said before, collecting isn't the main thing in my life and one more or less i don't care. I don't have the need to prove myself. For your interest I also don't have the intention to have the best soldbuch collection in the world which is superior to other collectors collections and i can enjoy nice items from other passionate collectors without the need to own it.

So basically it's just a waist of time if it is your intention to impress me. In case you have found one i'm happy for you and congrats. I know how hardly you were looking for one.

Best regars

Erwin

No time wasted on my end Mr. Loos

Best
      Rob

Comment

Ian,
        None are listed. Even his last unit, 7/Inf. Rgt. 468 isn't crossed out. However, all the stamps after April 1943 are either the Schule or FPN: 03666.
        Jeff

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X