No announcement yet.

Aufkl. Abt. 114 Soldbuch of Duisburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soon after, the 114 Jager moves on the front towards Ravenna on the Montone then Lamone rivers, but Paul follows it later in mid-November, because he receives a Sonderurlaub (Bombenbeschaedigter?) start end of October, 31 October 1944: 10 days + 4 for, because his parents Heinrich and Caroline Hufnagel died under the great aerial bombing of October 15, 1944 which destroyed Duisburg…. and the usual Heimatpacket (remplaced to 70 lire) from the 10 Armee in Italy to take home…
    Attached Files

Comment

another theme new research topic on the Aufklarungs Abteilung 114: on arrival in Italy from Yugoslavia 6 Italian to A.A.114 were assigned 6 armored cars Lince, and exactly 5 are received…. some photo of Lince in Italy with german soldiers...….
      Attached Files

Comment

and finally the portrait of our Uffz. Paul
        Attached Files

Comment

Congratulations Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by marco w View Post
            Congratulations Oriano

Thanks Marco. I discovered thanks German friends, the signatures of Soldbuch and above all the imported continuation of the career of this young Jager. I complete it as soon as I have a moment. Ciao Oriano

Comment

thanks to some friends, and some pages of the AA114 diaries, there are some new and very interesting information on this soldbuch .... first of all on the signature of Oberleutnant Alheid Heinrich that appears several times on this: Deutsche Kreuz in Gold won on March 8, 1945
              Attached Files

Comment

then from the Diaries the counterattack of the "Kampfgruppe" led by the Major Braume of the Aukf.Abt. 114, and Rittmeister Lux of the Fus.Batt. 356, to push the Canadians back on the Senio…..

the night between 4-5 December 1944, the day after the liberation of Ravenna on the Lamone river that marks the front, the two Canadian regiments just arrived in line after a few weeks of rest , The Royal Canadian and the Hasting attempt cross the Lamone River blow between Russi and Bagnacavallo. After a long bombardment of preparation they try to cross .... the Germans hurriedly order Major Baume and Rittmeister Lux with their men to counterattack… the Canadians under this determined attack, they will not be able to strengthen their bridgehead and will have to go back: the Royal Canadian loses 107 men out of 207 attackers (29 dead), the Hasting 58 ... The defenders receive the praise of Von Vienthgoff for their action.... a map on the point of the battle ......
                Attached Files
                Last edited by mufasa; 04-09-2020, 03:42 AM.

Comment

but the most interesting thing about these "updates", not updated in the soldbuch, is that the Uffz. Paul Hufnagel is awarded his Ek1 for this action..
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by mufasa; 04-09-2020, 03:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa View Post
                    And the important page 3 and 22: the note of his promotion to "Untenoffizier" then reported on page 22 of the award page, that means (if understood right) that he was awarded for "bravery in front of the enemy" (Aus "Tapferkeit vor dem Feinde "zum Unteroffizier befördert) and probably for the same reason has received the EK2, and maybe where he lost his soldbuch.
                    The promotion is registred the 29th october 1944 and the EK2 4th november, so I think both assigned around Farneto a hills strategic on the road to Cesena (20 km north of Rimini) on the Christa Line, where his division put up a strong resistance to the Allies from 6 to 12 October 1944)… some maps and a photo (Cesena top left)

and to complete also the point of his promotion to Uffz and related to the first EK2 in Farneto (Cesena) we can add better link

… .. On 6th October the Sikhs of 1/2 Punjab and the Belucistans of 4/10 Baluch took Strigara and 2/3 Gurkas and 3/5 Mahratta from Sogliano (we are on the ridge between the Uso river and the Savio the river of the valley towards Cesena,
                    where in the middle it rises the Rubicone River (many rivers, allies and Germans made a great mess!) crossed precisely the Rubicone and moved to Mount Farneto which was occupied by the latter on the morning of 7 October. This height that dominated the entire little valley of the Rubicone was however so important that the Germans decided to fight back in strength with II / 721 with the support of the usual Aufk. Abt. 114 and, after a few days of fighting, also with some reserve units. In fact, the avant-gardes of the 15th regiment of the 29th division ran to their aid and after a few hours the battalion I / 15 and the 9th company of the III / 15 resumed Mount Farneto and re-established the front line. The allies then understood that hanging up on the front would have cost too much; therefore the 20th brigade circumvented the mountain and advanced on Montecodruzzo which was occupied thanks to the help of the 43rd Gurkhas brigade between 10 and 11 October. Thus the Germans were forced to retreat to Mount Erta or Mount of the Cows which was the key to Cesena. Subsequently S. Lorenzo in Scanno was freed on 8 October, S. Paola between 9 and 10, Roncofreddo on 10, Monteleone and Monte Spaccato on 11 .... Farneto, is 10 minutes or so from great Emilia Route even less from the E45 Route and yet it seems out of this world ...
                    Attached Files

Comment

I am so glad that I sent this on to you. What a great wealth of information !

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Luke View Post
                        I am so glad that I sent this on to you. What a great wealth of information !

2012: 8 years ago! and it is as to have received it a few days ago.

thanks again my friend!
                        ciao Oriano

Comment

Another great detailed research, well done again!

Comment

Originally posted by Daniele C View Post
                            Another great detailed research, well done again!
                            Thanks Daniele.
                            Ciao Oriano

Comment

great for each your thread.
                              seems soldbuch from AA. 114 are always without fotos.

Comment

Originally posted by PanzerElite View Post
                                great for each your thread.
                                seems soldbuch from AA. 114 are always without fotos.

right ... I noticed it too .... maybe they used their military drive license as identity document? many thanks Oriano

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X