Aufkl. Abt. 114 Soldbuch of Duisburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aufkl. Abt. 114 Soldbuch of Duisburg

A normal zweitschrifts , even without photo, without signature, and with many pages not filled, nothing to compare respect to the extraordinary Soldbuch posted here recently ..... but yet in this anonymous soldbuch there are two important stories of october 1944 in Italy and in Germany to tell ....

15th October 1944 : the story of the soldier in Italy.
    Duplicate issued the 15th october 1944 to Paul Hufnagel Zweitschrifts of the December 14, 1944, the handsome Feldpost 34 520 D 114 AA. Paul Hufnagel, . 19 years old of Duisberg, 171 cm hight, dark blond, mechanical of precision in some Ruhr military industry. The nice feldpost 34520D of the Aufklarungs Abteilung 114 of the 114 Jager Division
    The first and only check of the same date of issue, and his pay class...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And the important page: his promotion on page 22 the page of the award means (if understood right) was Awarded for "bravery in front of the enemy” (Aus "Tapferkeit vor dem Feinde" zum Unteroffizier befördert) and probably for the same reason has received the EK2. The promotion is registred the 29th october 1944 and the Cross the 4th november the Cross” so I think both assigned around Farneto a hills near Cesena (20 km north of Rimini) on the Christa Line, where his division put up a determinate resistance to the Allies the first two weeks of October 1944, before being moved to October 21th south of Ravenna. A nice Beretta 34

Last edited by mufasa; 07-08-2012, 12:17 AM.

Comment

15th October 1944 : there is another dramatic story in this soldbuch the parents of Paul in Germany: the cross on their names and their adress in Duisburg at page 5, two death certificates of the city of Duisburg dated 15th October 1944 (Operation Hurricane: nearly 9000 yonnes of bombs dell on Duisburg in less than 24 Hours,some foto of Diusburg bombing) a clipping of obituary of Heinrich and Caroline Hufnagel and the Sonderurlaub (Bombenbeschaedigter ?) 10 days + 4 for Paul the 31th of october 1944 ….. and a useless Heimatpacket (remplaced to 70 lire) from the 10 Armee in Italy to take home

Comment

A research job well done with a great presentation.

It also shows the hard part of life at the home front, a very sad story.

Thanks for showing.

best regards

Eric-Jan

Comment

Happy to send it to someone who lives near the battlefield it was carried on.

Comment

thanks Eric JB... thanks Lee Luke....

Comment

Today I was near Cesena and I took a tour in the places of this Soldbuch and I found a very special monument in Montecodruzzo .... as there is in all the large or small Italian village it is the classic stone stele-fell in memory of the italian fallen in the First and Second World War (many civilians died in fighting and bombing in 1944 between german and allied)

Comment

....... but there is on one side of the monument (behind) which was really a special (and uncommon in Italy) a written in memory of the german soldiers (114 and 29 Div.) who fought and fallen on the Cesena Hill that October 1944

Montecodruzzo. A ricordo dei soldati tedeschi caduti nelle azioni di Guerra dell'ottobre 1944

(Montecodruzzo. In memory of German soldiers fallen in war actions October 1944)

Comment

An interessting soldbook with italy connection and a fantastic research job.

thanks for sharing it.

ciao ronnie

Comment

Originally posted by Rise View Post
                    An interessting soldbook with italy connection and a fantastic research job.

thanks for sharing it.

ciao ronnie
                    grazie Ronnie!

Comment

Very interesting and well presented

Unfortunately I do not get the time to go through and research mine anymore.

/Ian
                      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jewison View Post
                        Very interesting and well presented

Unfortunately I do not get the time to go through and research mine anymore.

/Ian
                        thanks Ian!
                        Oriano

Comment

Originally posted by Eric JB View Post
                          A research job well done with a great presentation.

It also shows the hard part of life at the home front, a very sad story.

Thanks for showing.

best regards

Eric-Jan
                          I wanted to put in order this old topic, but first of all also here and everywhere
                          a thought and a memory for Eric-Jan.

My usual mistakes of the first posts where I have not used the internal server, but in addition to remplace it, it is also the opportunity, after eight years, to review all my old booklets with new eyes ...

I will start again from the beginning: an easy zweitschrifts, without (never had) the photo and without the signature, compiled quickly (probably, we'll see later, the original lost or damaged in action). But it is a soldbuch to which I care a lot for two important stories it contains, one at the beginning of October 1944 in Italy and the other, very sad, immediately after in Germany ....

Issued from the Aufklarungs Abteilung 114 the 14th october 1944 to Paul Hufnagel, born in 1925, 19 years old, of Duisberg , 171 cm hight, dark blond, mechanical. There is in this small lot his nice portrait with the Jager badge on his hat, and cloth on his left arm. The feldpost 34520D of the Aufklarungs Abteilung 114 with the signature of the commander of the II Squadron of the Abteilung.
                          Attached Files

Comment

And the important page 3 and 22: the note of his promotion to "Untenoffizier" then reported on page 22 of the award page, that means (if understood right) that he was awarded for "bravery in front of the enemy" (Aus "Tapferkeit vor dem Feinde "zum Unteroffizier befördert) and probably for the same reason has received the EK2, and maybe where he lost his soldbuch.
                            The promotion is registred the 29th october 1944 and the EK2 4th november, so I think both assigned around Farneto a hills strategic on the road to Cesena (20 km north of Rimini) on the Christa Line, where his division put up a strong resistance to the Allies from 6 to 12 October 1944)… some maps and a photo (Cesena top left)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by mufasa; 03-09-2020, 11:27 AM.

Comment

the check of the same date of issue, his pay class ... and together with the promotion assigned a Beretta 34 with serial number dated end 1943
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X