This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill,

if you did not post these pictures, I would have.

Thank you

Erich

Comment

Even in Argentina where I live are shipping services available called "registered mail". Also in combination with insurance and online tracking number. I'd never have something shipped other ways as none can be trusted in these days. I've had received numerous times corerspondence from overseas which had been opened and re-sealed.
      The shipping service mentioned above isn't an assurance that your item won't get lost but at least you'll get your money back.

Regards, Matthias

Comment

Stolen Soldbuch Alert

I recently sold the following Soldbuch of Leutnant Wormann to my Scottish friend, Steven Gallagher, by registered mail:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=454870

Unfortunately, when Steven received the package, the contents had been removed somewhere along the way (so much for registered mail!). Steven and I would like to put everyone on the alert for this Soldbuch and would appreciate being contacted if the Soldbuch shows up at a military show, on the Internet or among private circles. My e-mail address is Feldpost@aol.com and Steven's is steven.gallagher@talktalk.net Also, you can always send us a PM.

Thanks for everyone's attention!

Barry and Steven

Comment

I have pinned this so it will remain on top.....hopefully until it's safe recovery!
          Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

The E-stand thread should also be saved, or the pictures posted in here.
            Good luck guys!
            I'm collecting anything related to the towns Castricum and Bakkum during WWII.
            Also soldbucher from 116pzdiv. And 1944-1945 eastfront pockets, kampfgruppe and Oder front.
            My website: Gotrick.nl

Comment

If you have not done so already, I would start a new thread with all the information on the Collector Community Forum so more collectors can be on the alert for this soldbuch.

John

Comment

Originally posted by Stormfighter View Post

Unfortunately, when Steven received the package, the contents had been removed somewhere along the way (so much for registered mail!).
                Barry,

Couple of things Did Steven not notice the package had been tampered with or opened? and if so why did he sign for it?
                or was it a moreconcealed tampering i.e. where they had taped it back up (there maybe fingerprints on the back of the tape)

where is the packaging now?

This is a matter for the police I would think, so you will need the packaging for them I am sure if someone has tampered with it there will be DNA left

Also has this not happened before to Steven?

what is stevens forum user id
                cheers
                Gary

Comment

Ill keep my eye out for it! Good luck too you!

Comment

Ship Save

My two cents of shipping security is to send it UPS for Global. Other nation's governmental postal services and customs have sticky fingers. UPS keeps a good eye on their employees and items in their charge. There is more pride witin UPS, than with some low level government postal employee.

Comment

SS-Führerschein stolen

I take advantage of the forum to indicate that during the exhibition (exposure) over the year 1940 to Clermont Fd, a flight(theft) was committed. A rare driving licence ( SS-Führerschein) of Waffen-SS (of the SS Rottenführer Josef Eyink du IV./SS-Artillerie-IV./SS-Artillerie-Regiment) was stolen. I am anxious to indicate that a complaint to Public prosecutor is going to be put down (deposited) by the General Council and that its vice-president is going to go plaintiff. I am also going to lodge a complaint (because this document belongs to me) and to engage( start) more searches (researches) in the world of the collection.
                      If of adventure the thief reads these lines, that he knows that I shall not abandon (give up) and that the cassettes of surveillances are already in the course of reading... I think sincerely that the one who made this gesture(movement) does not realize that the result (profit) of this theft is not worth its consequences! I will put quikly photo online.

Thank you in advance to all the members of the Forum to indicate me of possible piece of information on this document...

Comment

Comment

Hope it will be find. Often local post office stole it.

Comment

My two cents here - not a Soldbuch / Wehrpass, but still valuable paper recently "lost" (ya, right) in the mail to Sweden...

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=Hundestaffel

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Udate to my "lost" comment in post #17....the photo was indeed been delivered to Peter von Lukacs........3 months late.

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Ir gr 77

Hallo,
                                this mess, unfortunately, to tell u that I have just been robed...
                                My computer and external disc where stolen with 10 years of researches, data base on my favorite unit IR 77!!! defintly lost
                                Morover, about 20 of my 77's SB and WP where stolen too....In fact 98% of my collection fo SB on this unit, without any kind of hope, I give u the listing of the item i can remember (as item, scan of item on computer and scan on external disc have desapeared)

- WP GEFREITER KURT ROSBACH 10./ IR 77
                                - SB HEINRICH HOSFELD 9./ GR 77
                                - WP OBERSCHUTZE ARTHUR ASCHE 4./ IR 77
                                - SB OBERSCHUTZE HONERMEIER 1./ GR 77
                                - SB PAUL GRABER 12./ IR 77 AND IR 241
                                - SB KERZERL 1./ GR 77
                                - SB OBLT JOSEPH MAXRATH 13./ GR 77 (DKG)

best regards

PH

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X