Panzerjäger Convolut !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hI Ian

Yes first time I don´t want buy than the soldier was not in the DK lists , but I speak with Mathias and he got this convolut directley from the family .The shoulder straps , collar tabs , and the entnazifiziertes german cross let me hope that he received the german cross .I don´t know why he don´t stand in the DK list but I know other soldier the got the german cross 100% too and the don´t stand in the list too

A little chance for me that he was a DK holder

A interested entry was for me the CCC when I read wright he got it from the Fregatten Kapitan

Regards Thomas
    Attached Files

Comment

Thomas,

Yes the CCC certainly was awarded by a Fregattenkapitän and he was the First Officer of Linienschiff "Schlessien", Günter Kern. Actually by 26.4.1945 the Schlessien had been decommissioned.

I will have a dig around later and see what he was doing after that date........

/Ian
      Photos/images copyright © Ian Jewison collection

Collecting interests: Cavalry units, 1 Kavallerie/24 Panzer Division, Stukageschwader 1

Comment

Now I know where this one went

Ian, you raise very valid points! Mathias offered this to me back in May and I passed - only because I was short on cash at the time. Personally, I don't have any problem with the DKiG entry. Even though it does look questionable, the award is entered on the award Bescheinigung above the gold wound badge and CCC (which we know he was awarded) and that document looks 100% legit. I believe this group came directly from the family (a story, I know)

I do agree that the entry, especially the stamp - does look suspicious on its own!

As for his not appearing on the list of confirmed DKiG recipients - I cannot say why he is not listed! I guess one could come up with a number of reasons why, some much stronger than others

Yes, on its own that DKiG does send up a flag, but all components of the group considered, I have a good feeling about this one.

Great score, Thomas! Wish I could have landed this one.......

Rob

Comment

konvolut

Nice group Thomas,

I'm not a HEER collector but I really appreciate seeing all of the details of this soldiers career.

Very nice

Jeremy

Comment

Cool grouping

There are only a very few people where I believe the story like "directly from the familiy" and so on. One of them is the seller oft the Panzerjäger-grouping!

But I also understand the problem a collector has with an DKiG-Recipient who is not listed in the books...

The owner, REDVIPER, has to believe that Lt HAASE got the DKiG.

Very, very nice grouping of an officer who saw lots of action - but still with a big question-mark about the most interesting decoration, the German Cross.

Sometimes it is hard to be a collector - you have to believe or not...

Comment

Cool Grouping Indeed.

I find the award of an Infantry Assault Badge to be exceptional because the soldat appears not to have served directly with the II/Gren.Rgt.162. Often Pz Jäger Abt soldiers got General Assaults. I didn’t (or couldn’t) see that unit listed in units served with, in either the Soldbuch or the Wehrpass. It is very interesting to see awards issued by secondary units other than one’s own primary unit. My conclusion would be some sort of action within a combined military unit (i.e. Kampfgruppe). Wish I had this lot!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X