Lets see your Panzer crew member Soldbuchs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angel,

I know I told you this in my PM, but I have to say it again...

That Horst Haase grouping is just fantastic! Should you ever tire of it, I can absolutely guarantee you that we can work something out so that group makes its way across the Atlantic to my collection

I missed the earlier threads on it, so I am glad you posted it here!

Rob

Comment

Found this beat up Soldbuch for Unteroffizier Wilhelm Groppel. This book has water damage but is still interesting. He served with Pz Aufkl. Abtl. 27 of the 27th Pz Div. The Abtl was later (4.42) incorperated into Kradsch. Abtl 17, which itself became Pz. Aufkl. Abtl 17 of the 17 Pz Div. He survived the war and entered capitivty in the Czech Republic. He was awrded the Pz. Kampfabz in bronze (I missed the award document that was sold sperately), the Ostmedaille, and KVK II m. Schwert.
      Attached Files

Comment

Issue page.
        Attached Files

Comment

Unit page.
          Attached Files

Comment

Uniform issue pages
            Attached Files

Comment

Issued a Radom and P38 (cyq) besides rifles and bayonets.
              Attached Files

Comment

Security checks
                Attached Files

Comment

Final unit page.
                  Attached Files

Comment

award and leave page. Notice that most of the Pz Kampfabz entry is missing and half of the Ostmedaille is gone.

Comment

The award and leave page. Notice that most of the Pz Kampfabz entry is missing and half the Ostmedaille entry is gone.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice, Jeff! You can tell that this Soldbuch has really witnessed a lot of wear and tear... It almost speaks to you. Too bad that whoever you bought it from decided to sell the PAB in bronze doc separately Hopefully someday it will resurface and you'll be able to reunite it with the Soldbuch

You have some great Soldbücher tucked away over there with you!
                        Thanks for your continued contribution to this thread

Rob

Comment

If anyone else has any Panzer/StuG/Panzerjäger/Panzer-Art./Pz.A.A Soldbücher, Wehrpässe, IDs etc. you'd like to share, please feel free to post them here

Rob

Comment

Great Wehrpasses!!
                            Nobody who has a Wehrpass to the 22.Panzer-Division?

Comment

Originally posted by dennisb View Post
                              Great Wehrpasses!!
                              Nobody who has a Wehrpass to the 22.Panzer-Division?

Well, it's not a Wehrpass, and it's not 22.Panzer-Division, but hopefully this Soldbuch will inject a little life into this thread

Here is one of the most desirable Waffen-SS Soldbuch photo combos I can imagine - field gray SS wrap with a Totenkopf collar tab

This Soldbuch is a "Zweitschrift" (replacement) issued on 22.April 1944 to Unterscharführer Gustev Welzel who served in the Stabsbatterie/SS-Art.Rgt.3 of the 3.SS.Panzer-Division "Totenkopf."

Welzel was awarded the KVK.II with swords on 30.August 1941, Ostmedaille on 10.August 1942 and the drivers badge in silver on 28.July 1944, but what makes this Soldbuch so special - besides the absolutely fantastic portrait photo (with Totenkopf collar tab!) is that entered on page 03 is an entry stating that Welzel was released from military service on 09.May 1945; Wetzel was one of the surviving soldiers of "Totenkopf" who surrendered to the US Army after being promised they would not be accepted into US Army custody, who were then subsequently handed over to the Russians. Notice that his name has been entered in Russian on page 01. Obviously this doesn't need to be stated, but very, very few former "Totenkopf" members survived Soviet captivity. Wetzel's name does not appear in the on-line German war graves registry, so it is quite possible that he was one of the fortunate who survived internment and eventually returned home.

Just a fabulous piece of "Totenkopf" history and part of the Henner collection I hope you enjoy viewing.

Rob
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Rob Johnson; 07-18-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Hard to top this one
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X