Attached Files

Comment

SS Pz Jäger Abt 5 (Marder)

SS drivers license
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PzV View Post
              verification that original documents lost in Tscherkassy
              Very nice document, Jim, and not something often found with replacement IDs. These are the types of additional documents I like to find tucked away in the back cover of Soldbücher; they tell you so much more about the man, the Soldbuch, its history, etc.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGCO View Post
                Here's one I've had for over 30 years. Bruno Pioch was a medic. They resued the cover for this second issue book. Kind of the reverse of what was normally done.

Jeff-

That has to be one of the best portrait photos I've ever seen attached inside a SS Soldbuch! Nice to see that it was issued in January 1944 - it was on him through the Normandy invasion all the way up to the end of the war.

The camo Panzer jacket entry is just

What a great Soldbuch... thanks for sharing it with us!
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
                  Jeff-

That has to be one of the best portrait photos I've ever seen attached inside a SS Soldbuch! Nice to see that it was issued in January 1944 - it was on him through the Normandy invasion all the way up to the end of the war.

The camo Panzer jacket entry is just

What a great Soldbuch... thanks for sharing it with us!
                  Rob

Agreed on the portrait Rob.

Note the Dienstmütze. He gave it a slight crusher look and then removed the leather chinstrap and sewed on a cloth eagle to give it a real veteran appearance. Classic late war look.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward View Post
                    Agreed on the portrait Rob.

Note the Dienstmütze. He gave it a slight crusher look and then removed the leather chinstrap and sewed on a cloth eagle to give it a real veteran appearance. Classic late war look.

And considering that it was against regulation to wear any form of headgear in photographs taken for use in/on IDs, this one is all the more appealing

Rob

Comment

And considering that it was against regulation to wear any form of headgear in photographs taken for use in/on IDs, this one is all the more appealing

Rob

Absolutely.

Though not at all common to find, Heer Soldbücher do sometimes turn up with the recipient wearing headgear, but to find one in an SS Soldbuch and as nice as that one is...

Comment

Absolutely.

Though not at all common to find, Heer Soldbücher do sometimes turn up with the recipient wearing headgear, but to find one in an SS Soldbuch and as nice as that one is...
                        Oh, they're extremely hard to find, but they're out there - you just have to know where to look

Out of all the Heer Soldbücher I have owned, just two had photos with headgear being worn, both of which have since been sold off. My good friend Henner has some absolutely magnificant Panzer/StuG Soldbücher with photos of the men wearing overseas caps, M43 field caps, etc. Perhaps Daniele can post some of those for him

Rob
                        Last edited by Rob Johnson; 05-30-2009, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Oh, they're extremely hard to find, but they're out there - you just have to know where to look

Out of all the Heer Soldbücher I have owned, just two had photos with headgear being worn, both of which have since been sold off. My good friend Henner has some absolutely magnificant Panzer/StuG Soldbücher with photos of the men wearing overseas caps, M43 field caps, etc. Perhaps Daniele can post some of those for him

Rob
                          Thanks Rob. Although I do not collect SS Soldbücher it would still be quite interesting to see those mentioned. Just a thought on what headgear would be found most common in SS Soldbücher would be Imo the Schiffchenform and Einheitsfeldmütze. The previously commented on Dienstmütze photo though takes it too another level. Maybe a new future thread could be started with those willing to share Soldbücher of any service showing photos of headgear in wear!

Comment

Maybe a new future thread could be started with those willing to share Soldbücher of any service showing photos of headgear in wear!

Now that is a great idea

Rob

Comment

Soldbuch to a Pz.crewmember from Pz.Rgt. Das Reich

Comment

Pz Crew Schw.Pz.Abt.102 kia in Normandie

Soldbuch to a PZcrewmember from at first 8 Schw.Kp./SS-Pz.Rgt.2 and later Schw.SS-Pz.Abt.102
                                Erich Holzer was killed in Normandie by an airialattack on the panzertransport.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 156 users online. 0 members and 156 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X