• Show
Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

A big "Thanks" to my good friend Henner for providing the following info on the signature on page 34:

6. Kompanie/Panzer-Regiment 2
          Chef Hauptmann Thiede
          1.Zugführer Leutnant Freiherr von Meyendorff
          2.Zugführer Leutnant Fromme
          3.Zugführer Leutnant von Brauchitsch

So, this confirms that Goritzka was in the 3.Zug/6.Kompanie which - according to Pz.Rgt.2's gliederung from 1939 and 1940 - means he was in fact a Panzer IV crew member during the invasion of Poland and when he was killed at La Horgne, France on 15.May 1940

Thanks, Henner

Rob

Comment

Hello Rob

I have tried to pm you but your pm box is full

regards Erwin

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Johnson View Post
              A big "Thanks" to my good friend Henner for providing the following info on the signature on page 34:

6. Kompanie/Panzer-Regiment 2
              Chef Hauptmann Thiede
              1.Zugführer Leutnant Freiherr von Meyendorff
              2.Zugführer Leutnant Fromme
              3.Zugführer Leutnant von Brauchitsch

So, this confirms that Goritzka was in the 3.Zug/6.Kompanie which - according to Pz.Rgt.2's gliederung from 1939 and 1940 - means he was in fact a Panzer IV crew member during the invasion of Poland and when he was killed at La Horgne, France on 15.May 1940

Thanks, Henner

Rob

Robert:

Out of all the "Tiger" men, "Panther" Boyz, etc., that you have, this is still one of my absolute favorites.....

"Hundestaffel"

Comment

Originally posted by Hundestaffel View Post
                Robert:

Out of all the "Tiger" men, "Panther" Boyz, etc., that you have, this is still one of my absolute favorites.....

"Hundestaffel"

It definitely is one of my best "KIA" IDs, and if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have it in my collection! I owe you a big "Thanks" for helping me acquire this one my friend.

The fact that so much detailed info on the battle of La Horgne is available makes it all the more easier to research - many times you can only locate the approximate area where the guy was killed/wounded... not the case with this one

It's been a while since I read through the documentation on the battles that took place in and around La Horgne the day Goritzka was killed, but I do recall mention of several Panzer IVs being knocked out that day, both in and around the village.

Now that I know now Goritzka was in the 6.Zug of the 6.Kompanie (and a Pz.IV crew member) I can hopefully get even closer to identifying exactly where and when he was killed.

This is what I love most about our hobby

Rob
                Last edited by Rob Johnson; 04-30-2009, 09:20 AM.

Comment

I was drooling like Pavlov's Dog over this one, and was waiting in the shadows with my finger on the trigger in case the competition got fierce !!!

This is one great little Panzer man's Wehrpass....

"Hundestaffel"
                  Last edited by Hundestaffel; 04-30-2009, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Several of my WAF friends ask me to post photos of my armored IDs, so here goes. The first belonged to a member of Panzer-Abteilung Norwegen. I met this soldier in Karlsruhe, Germany, many years ago. He was a retired Brieftraeger (mailman).
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here's one for Panzer Abteilung 115 who fought at Bastogne. Several years ago, I met his sister at her fly-infested farmhouse in Walsrode, Germany.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's a Spiess who served with Aufkl. Abt. 8, Panzer Regiment 5 in Africa and finally the Stab of Grenadier Regiment Grossdeutschland.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Close-up of the photo
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here's a nice example for a member of schwere Panzer-Jaeger-Abteilung 653. As you can see, the photo is pure Hollywood.
                            Attached Files

Comment

close-up
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here's one of my favorites. A decorated member of Panzer-Jaeger-Abteilung 211 who fought on the Eastern Front. While on leave in September 1944 - yes September 1944 - he was captured during an American raid in the village of Buchet as he stood at the door of his home.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 14 users online. 0 members and 14 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X