• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was also used during the film stalingrad

Comment

Stalingrad Permit to Fly Squares

Hi all,
      Thank you all for your insight here. I must say that in haste I purchased –and was suckered for – a white and red square from www_dreenkins_blogspot_com. As a long time collector it was uncharacteristic of me to do this without researching the claim a permit system was in place for Stalingrad. I believe I have genuine tokens from Stalingrad, I don't believe the claim there were permits to leave. One must live with regret and in this case I do regret the purchases.

While they both appear as though they were buried for years under corrosive conditions, they are in fair shape.

I suppose I can take that I have 4 decontamination kits and a Mauser K98 kit relic from the same seller on eBay. I only paid a fraction of the price I paid for the 'tags'.

I am kicking myself, but at least the claim they are from Stalingrad is valid, just a high price to pay for it.
      Last edited by ObltKG4; 10-05-2008, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Hello everybody!
        I 've just discovered this thread and i want to show you my 'stalingrad tag' found in the area of Saint-Malo (FRANCE) a few years ago; size is about 4,1 cm.
        Regards.

Comment

Not what I wanted to hear. I suspected the prevalent usage of the 'tag' but not as far back as 1940.
          I am going to write a contact who served with KG 4 II Gruppe with the hope of learning from the horses mouth whether or not there was wide spread usage of this crate identification system.

Golgott, can you provide any further information about how you came across this?

Comment

interesting, I to believed these were Luftwaffe plane loading tags.
            I await to learn their real purpose then

cheers

Comment

--
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

' AW JEEZ, NOT A SH.T AGAIN! '

That's exactly what i've said when i discovered this tag, i was looking for more older and more interesting things. I wanted to throw it away when i noticed that the middle looked like a german luftwaffe gull; i decided to keep it and put it in my sh... not interesting stuff box.
                  One day, i saw the same thing on the net, the salesman said it was a 'stalingrad pass'. I was very sceptical to this assertion, i 've found mine next to the third line of the festung saint-malo defense (but quite far from the german airport). That's all i can say.

Bisous à tous!

Comment

I agree it's not bording pass.
                    I met ( means) dugg up in Koenigsberg area, East prussia
                    far from arfield area,
                    and close to Saint Petersburg ( 170 km far) and again
                    far from airfield.
                    But never met in Demjansk. I think everybody know
                    close to Demjansk located airfield.

Comment

Spin , quick question for you -- Do you ever sell items you "dig up" ?

Comment

Finally! Stalingrad weight tag with wire!!!

Finally, I knew is was just a matter time before one of this Stalingrad weight tags would show up with some kind of attaching wire, nail or strap.

Now we are one step closer to the truth! I’m so happy I might have pee-pee my pants a little. LOL

Guys keep digging!

Russ

www.fireonthevolga.com

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Schulke View Post
                          Finally, I knew is was just a matter time before one of this Stalingrad weight tags would show up with some kind of attaching wire, nail or strap.

Now we are one step closer to the truth! I’m so happy I might have pee-pee my pants a little. LOL

Guys keep digging!

Russ

www.fireonthevolga.com

Don't get too excited Russ...if you read Post number 45 you'll see another one of these jokes with an Aluminum Wire was posted back in May of 2008 (almost 2 years ago). You've been defending these things for years now and , I'm starting to wonder if you're involved with either making or selling these POJ. There has to be a reason you're hot on these things and I just can't figure it out. But .. Ok .. here we go ...the Wire looks like it's Aluminum and it was definitely attached to the disk AFTER the disk had rusted out. If the Wire had been attached back in the 40's ...the rust would have grown over the wire or at least left outline marks . Also , I don't see any pitting from electrolysis at work (2 different metals touching/ Nat Corrosion etc etc).
                          Next --
                          By 1942- 43 , Aluminum was in short supply . The TR was even VERY active when it came to salvaging ANY Scrap Aluminum from downed enemy Aircraft ...that's how bad they needed it.
                          I won't believe for a minute that they allowed that valuable resource to be wasted/used to make Wire to hold these disks in place.
                          And there's still no way I will believe these were ever made to show shipping weight ranges for Cargo. They (like everyone else) would simply Stencil a Crate ..it's fast, cheap and can be easily seen .
                          9 Months have passed since we posted on this junk and not one Photo or Reference in a Manual has been found ...the only proof is from people saying they are digging them up. Personally --I would never own or want one. But ...It sounds like you are desperate to believe these things are real and nothing is going to change your mind.

So Russ ..buy as many of these as you can now , fill up the ryker mounts ...then 20 years from now you can take them all to the Max Show and hope to sell them for thousands.
                          You'll have to have a good story to go along with them though ...you know how we Collectors love a good story.

As I said in Post #21 --
                          "Sorry to seem hard headed about this but I'm tired of seeing younger (or newer) Collectors getting ripped off ..many of these newbies are desperate to "believe" the Charlie Shnyder style stories out there in the hopes that they are buying a real ww2 Nazi artifact ..only to find out later that they were conned.
                          So ..the sales pitch has now gone from "WOUNDED STALINGRAD EVACUATION TAG " to " LUFTWAFFE WEIGHT SHIPMENT TAG" ..I can't wait to see what the next "explanation" they come up to with to sell this junk..How about putting a Number on them and calling them- "GOERING COAT ROOM CHECK TAG"
                          Red Square --General's Overcoat
                          Yellow Square --Colonel Overcoat
                          Red Round --Major
                          Yellow Round -- Captain & below
                          Green Round -- Visiting Hookers Fur Coat "

Until some real evidence shows up proving these were made and used during the War ..it is not in the best interest of our Hobby to keep promoting these things as real .

Comment

Very interesting discussion....I'm digging war relics and remains of soldiers for more than ten years. Mostly in Kurland. All the remains what we found were buried in German and Russian war cemeteries.....Now about discussion....Last summer I found about twenty tags in the place where some Flak unit (as we think) was dislocated. There were no any airfields around. We could notice a Luftwaffe eagle on the helmet after cleaning. These disks were red.....But I have also yellow in my collection dug out near airfield not far from Libau. So I believe my eyes and my experience. Tags which are being discussed in this theme are not fakes....it"s possible to find them not only in Stalingrad and not only near airfields....so to my opinion they describe different type of air cargo. I think that Russ Schulke is right. Some photos from me...
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X