No announcement yet.

l/11 spange 2nd class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks jray2986 for sharing your pictures with us!

Comment

kinda looks like the first one on the clasp section, the only thing that throws me off a little is the repair of the pins

Comment

L/11 Spange

Hello,
        I also do not like the spange. I have in my collection an original L/11 spange and besides the details to the front, the prongs on the posted example are totally off.

In addition L/11 spanges tend to be very thick and heavy pieces, when compared to other spanges.
        Regards,
        Jody

Here is my L/11 (trust me it is hallmarked L/11, I carefully pulled back the ribbon).
        Attached Files

Comment

L/11 Spange

Here is a look at the prongs.
          Attached Files

Comment

the prongs i know are off, im thinking a repair for it kinda like what they do for the badges that break off

Comment

L/11 Spange

Jody
              what do you think about the L/11 on #6,#7 & #15 and why can't you post a photo of the back of your spange????

Comment

hey jody does the head of your eagle look like its ontop of another one?

Comment

Originally posted by jray2986
                  Jody
                  what do you think about the L/11 on #6,#7 & #15 and why can't you post a photo of the back of your spange????
                  Hello,
                  I don't have a problem with your spange.

In order for me to show a picture of the back of my spange, I would have to pull back on the prongs and rmove the ribbon. The piece I have has the original piece of ribbon with it, and I am not about to remove the ribbon and risk breaking off one ore more of the prongs so others can see it's reverse and maker mark. Besides you can see what the prongs look like on my example.
                  Regards,
                  Jody

Comment

L/11 Spange

Jody
                    Is your hallmark L/11 located in the upper, middle or lower part of the spange???

Comment

Originally posted by jray2986
                      Jody
                      Is your hallmark L/11 located in the upper, middle or lower part of the spange???
                      Middle.
                      Jody

Comment

jody does the head look like its posted ontop another piece, or is the beak area look like a top part pushed back a little

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Evans
                          jody does the head look like its posted ontop another piece, or is the beak area look like a top part pushed back a little
                          I guess the latter. Not really sure and I don't have the piece handy to look at it.
                          Jody

Comment

Tony,

Here's a couple more PICS to compare. I'm late in responding, but was away from my PICS until now.

Tim
                            Attached Files

Comment

Front:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Back:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X