Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all the nasty crap I took from Dave and Tom on my cross, no fkg blip. Of course, Gordon right again.

Comment

Brian, isn't your cross 'incused 800'?

Is it magnetic?
      Regards,
      Dave

Comment

"After all the nasty crap I took from Dave and Tom on my cross, no fkg blip. Of course, Gordon right again."

Where am I giving you crap about your S&L cross? I have no idea which "B" types are pre -1945, or post 1945 unless they have a non-magnetic core, are flawed all to hell, and have an odd core. I have no dog in this S&L debate and do not have any idea how one can tell at what date "A" crosses stopped and "B" crosses began.
        <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

The "blip" is raised? So it could be filed off?
          George

Comment

Brian, I looked at the pics in Williamson's book and I'm not convinced I don't see a 'blip' of sorts!!

Will you post a pic of the 9oc arm front and back? It would help us understand something of a time line that would include the 'incused' 800 stamp

Also, if not asking too much a nice close look at the 'dent row'...!
            Regards,
            Dave

Comment

I'm always getting incused of something around here.
              Attached Files

Comment

"filed away" Geez George, if they filed it away they were pretty consistent here's the obverse.
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks...is it magnetic and may we see the 3oc arm just as close
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

No, it has the little letters Elastolin on the core
                    Attached Files

Comment

Yes, magnetic.

Comment

To add a note, the blip always appears in the exact same place on the crosses concerned, it is always raised and is the same size on the three different examples I have come accross.........

Brian, your cross definitely does not have it!

1. Iron core, 935-only marked flawless frames.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Harry; 09-08-2005, 01:56 PM.

Comment

2. Non-ferrous core, flawless frames.
                          Attached Files

Comment

3. Non-ferrous core, unmarked heavily flawed frames......
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S
                              After all the nasty crap I took from Dave and Tom on my cross, no fkg blip. Of course, Gordon right again.
                              Brian,

not having the blip on your cross is for sure a good sign because it puts it on a time line before the 935 which we all seem to agree to be postwar and in the same frame condition as the 935-4. The 800-4 also does not have the blip.

Now, I think it would be nice to start comparing the dent rows in regards to a possible time line, especially between 935-4, 800-4 and 800. Maybe one can see something there.

Could you please post the dent row and I will ask VIPER the same. I have pictures of his cross but the area is not clear enough.

And I caution again, nobody knows when the blip appeared - it could be pre-45 or post 45. To say not having the blip makes a cross pre-45 is completely unfounded at this point in time - and the opposite, i.e. to say post 45, would be foolish also, if your cross would have the blip. However, better not to have it! For sure!

Dietrich
                              B&D PUBLISHING
                              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Brian, no 'blip' but this is what I picked up on!!! Incredibly, it's at the 6th ridge and in exactly the same spot as the 'blip'!

Regarding the 'dent row'...is your Cross well worn or is the row as dipicted so very flat?
                                Attached Files
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 10 users online. 0 members and 10 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X