Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there in is the Repo guy's 'out'......

Far too many guys suggest 'prove it isn't' because of this sort of attitude!

The guys who held this stuff, discussed it and 'knew' what was original and what wasn't are now challenged to prove it is real...Sad really..
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

I can establish motive and precedence. I can't wait for a forum discussing these awards run by judges and lawyers.

Comment

The only "attitude" here is asking that people please be able to back up their contentions with some kind of evidence. If that's hard for some people to understand, then I guess that's just the way it is. And if you have questions or problems with the policy, by all means discuss them with Sebastian. In the meantime, why don't we get back on topic?
        George

Comment

If the 57 version with the 'step' in the knee between the 9 and 12 o'clock arem is another reworked version of the original die, then this must have happened:

- the heavily flawed, non magnetic, non marked cross in the article must have been made before 1957 (and therefore all other nonmagnetic, unmarked B-Types)

No room for 'fraudsters' in England to produce RK's in the 80's, no room for Gordon's friend to buy 'swastika' Rks from S&L ,as alledged, in the 80's.

And why does the 57 version still have the 'dent row'?

And before the inquisition get's the "revoke wip" out, I'm saying nothing about any die or dies or repairs.

Dietrich
          B&D PUBLISHING
          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Unmarked, non magnetic, unflawed.

Bob hritz
            Attached Files
            In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Unmarked, non magnetic, unflawed. Same cross different light. These are photos of the 3 o'colck arm.

Bob Hritz
              Attached Files

Comment

Large 800 marked, non mafnetic, unflawed. 3 o'clock arm.

Bob hritz
                Attached Files

Comment

Small 800 marked, magnetic, unflawed.
                  Attached Files

Comment

4 800 marked, magnetic, unflawed.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Incuse marked 800, non magnetic, unflawed.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Incused marked 800, non magnetic, with flaw just starting.

Bob Hritz
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
                          The guys who held this stuff, discussed it and 'knew' what was original and what wasn't are now challenged to prove it is real...Sad really..
                          Dave,

this thread is not about Rounders, it's about S&L ...

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING
                          Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Dietrich we'll tackle that soon enough........

However, to the task at hand! Bob thanks for the pics and 'various' representations of S&L crosses.

Knowing your 'MO' I suspect these were Vet obtained! What I find interesting is that each is finished differently at the inner corners shown with some showing no filing at all and others somewhat aggressive finishing.

Any time line as to when each was aquired by the Vet? Maybe better said...how long after the war ended?
                            Regards,
                            Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
                              If the 57 version with the 'step' in the knee between the 9 and 12 o'clock arem is another reworked version of the original die, then this must have happened:

- the heavily flawed, non magnetic, non marked cross in the article must have been made before 1957 (and therefore all other nonmagnetic, unmarked B-Types) OK unrepaired die...

No room for 'fraudsters' in England to produce RK's in the 80's, Have we got a clear example of an 80's fraud RK? no room for Gordon's friend to buy 'swastika' Rks from S&L ,as alledged, in the 80's.

We've never seen one of these. For all we know they were leftover stock? Until we see one, we don't know WHEN they were made. Maybe they have this step also, we don't know? We don't know quantity so perhaps that's why we haven't seen one yet. If we see one with a step we'll know.

And why does the 57 version still have the 'dent row'? It wasn't 'cleaned' out of the die. Until your article NO one noticed it. So why the big deal?

And before the inquisition get's the "revoke wip" out, I'm saying nothing about any die or dies or repairs.

Dietrich
                              Not sure why this is impossible... There's so much we don't know, but so much doubt now hung unfairly over the 'B' Types. I think great intentions, but the results have resulted in irresponsible comments in other threads and here. (Not a dig at you Dietrich.)

Comment

Hindsight...I wish I had kept it but I had a 'Brit' made S&L cross years ago!!!

Plated brass and light as a feather. Crude would be too cruel but obvisously not to a standard we look for in period pieces.

The 'silver' frosting was fabulous in 'texture' and 'appearance'....

Dietrich...any timeline in the application of this 'type' finish?
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X