Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dietrich..I meant the education you will get from having that cross is hand will be college level!!!
    Regards,
    Dave

Comment

The only way this can be done (i.e. the flaw row progression) is with more examples. But they will come ...

And the beading? It's everywhere fairly rough because of this 'laquer finish', just like the other heavily flawed one. But you will see on your own. As I said, it takes time to make those pictures - a lot of focus, snap, cut and paste. And I want to do it right, as you know.

Dietrich
      B&D PUBLISHING
      Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Kane
        Dietrich..I meant the education you will get from having that cross is hand will be college level!!!
        But I have already two Master degrees .

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

DM, between all of the focusing etc please take a moment and measure the Swaz!

If I recall correctly those crosses that are 'obvious' in hand show the swaz to be a little softer and rounder....a mold?

I have seen obviously post war Crosses with the sharp Swaz and others like this...

Maybe the core die didn't make it across the channel
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Here is the dent row of an '800' marked 1957 edition with oaks. Less dents...
            There is still something 'wrong' with the 57...and I mean the die .....

Dietrich
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Dietrich; 05-09-2005, 07:48 PM.
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
              But I have already two Master degrees .

Dietrich

I understand but you are now chasing the coveted PhD-RK
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

Swastika: 10.05 mm x 13.75 mm x 1.25 mm. Core shakes.

Made in England? Now way - this piece is Made in Germany! Maybe not Federal republic of Germany, but germany nonetheless!

Dietrich
                B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
                  Here is the dent row of an '800' marked 1957 edition with oaks. Less dents...
                  There is still something 'wrong' with the 57...and I mean the die .....

Dietrich

Dietrich, I count 7 dents in this one...can you give a broader view? There probably will be more visible!
                  Regards,
                  Dave

Comment

There are more. I just wanted to show the condition. This is the full view. I still have to do the high-res montage.

Dietrich
                    Attached Files
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thanks! This is what threw me....

"I don't know what you mean so let me explain what I mean. The 57's I saw so far hat the dent row 'weaker' and less dents (5-6 if I recall properly). This cross (which is definetely unworn) has the dent row with all 11 dents just as the 935-4. However, slightly less strong and a little more 'unsharp'"
                      Regards,
                      Dave

Comment

On my 800, 4, which has a magnetinc core the finish on the core of the cross on the previous page looks totally different, more of an enamel look than the sort of matte eggshell look on mine. Also mine is much sharper in detail around the swaz and dates. Ring is completely finished and no rough polishing on the frame, also I dont see any of the knee flaws only the "dents". I believe the key in the time line may lie in the construction and finish of the central core. Just a thought.....Jimmy

"

Comment

Jimmy,

could you please post a picture of the dent row?

Dietrich
                          B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Wish I could but I can not post pictures. A picture is on my earlier thread on this forum.........Jimmy

Comment

What's this flaw doing here?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Is the frame silver plated or rhodium plated? Looks 'thick' for rhodium.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 79 users online. 0 members and 79 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X