This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jimmy,

here's the knee flaw. The frame is clearly a B-Type.

Dietrich
    Attached Files
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich
      Jimmy,

here's the knee flaw. The frame is clearly a B-Type.

Dietrich
      Are we talking about between 6 and 9 o'clock here?

Comment

The B-Type knee flaw is always between 6 and 9 o'clock.

Dietrich
        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

I finally got the light right! Here is evidence of the start of the 6/9 flaw on a nice early cross
          Attached Files
          Regards,
          Dave

Comment

Dave,

I know you will not like this and we (or you) will now argue for the next 50 postings, but that is not the starting of this flaw. Here is the picture of the 935-4. The orientation, the size and the extend is completely different. I don't know what it is, but it is not the flaw that can be seen on the B-Type.

Dietrich
            Attached Files
            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Dietrich, me argue? No just observations...what you show is just flashing!

Did you photograph the mirror side??
              Regards,
              Dave

Comment

I'd like to see more A type cross corners, looks like it to me...

Comment

Dave,

It's the start..

.. and of course I did, even under the time restrains. Here it is. And yes, we have already established that there is a time lack between the front and the rear. And you will also notice that the beading looks different then your picturer (wider) and that the location is also different.

Dietrich
                  Attached Files
                  B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Now that we have argued 500 posts over the dent row, why not another 500 over the knee flaw and it's appearance on an early 800. I don't mind.

Here's the same flaw on the heavily flawed, unmagnetic, unmarked cross (which is - judging by the regular flaws - a lot later)

Dietrich
                    Attached Files
                    B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

... and again on the unflawed, unmagnetic, unmarked from yesterday.
                      Attached Files
                      B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Brian,

here is the 3 o'clock arm of the unmagnetic, unflawed, unmarked from yesterday. I hope you believe me when I say that all the beading looks like that and I think it's the effect of the 'laquer frosting'. Or maybe the material itself.

Dietrich
                        Attached Files
                        B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Thanks! But, I meant the mirror side of my cross....as you might know it has the dents but NOT this feature! So (499) to go is this a flaw or merely some sort of flashing that wasn't cleaned off upon initial inspection?

I can show in the next 499 posts lots of other bits of excess (flashing) like this that appear in the same spots at various points in (various) crosses.

I haven't lost direction regarding ONE die and wish to keep with it
                          Regards,
                          Dave

Comment

Pictures 560 and 563 are the obverse and reverse of your 935-4. One side has the beginning, the other side has it fully developed already. That goes completely along with the one 'weld flash' as you call it that is not on the other side. There is progression and that is quite naturally.

If you go with one die, you must accept the fact that the 'beginning' of the one side was a state of affairs from 1940 till lets say mid 1944 and the progressed very fast between the front and the rear of one and the same cross. And stayed very stable tol the heavily flawed, unmarked cross. And the 9-12 o'clock flaw disapeared also nearly at the same time.

Dietrich
                            B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

But here come the real kicker!

As I said in my article, a lot more investigation into the 1957 models is necessary. I just saw the dent row, but did of course concentrate on the post war swastika issue.

Here is the dent row of a "800" marked 1957 S&L cross.
                              Attached Files
                              B&D PUBLISHING

Comment

Dietrich, that is what has me confounded...560 is NOT the obverse 6/9 corner of my cross!
                                Regards,
                                Dave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                                X