Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spange 2nd Class

Hi guys,

I got this guy in the mail today. It was sold 2 Friday's ago ( ), from that guy in Deutschland. It was advertised on the site as a Tombak EK2 Spange.

Today when it came, I gently pulled back the ribbon (which was wrapped on pretty tightly) and managed to see .... L/13 !!

I don't know if Detlev raises the prices for maker marked spanges, but I was pleasently surprised.

Does having a maker mark really increase the value of these that much? Thanks.
    Attached Files

Your Eagle looks little different from other L-13 Bar to the IC II in my photo archives. Eagle beak is different and his claw has no details…I’m not saying that this is the fake, but it looks different to me. Maybe your spange is from the another design?

Comment

If George will allow me I have one in the archives to compare.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by h009291; 04-19-2005, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by h009291
        If George will allow me I have one in the archives to compare. If you look at the spange close, you can see the wear that is apparent. This one must have been worn quite a bit as many of the highlights have been worn down.
        Very good example. Please check my pictures:

Comment

Here are some more Meybauers from a picture I posted a couple of weeks ago. Interesting.
          Attached Files

Comment

Guys,
            I don't collect spanges so my imput here is zilch. However, if I did the talons on Darrel's would be a big turn off for me. Are they supposed to look like that? I can't belive that they would look like that due to wear.

Chet
            Zinc stinks!

Comment

Ok,
              Now that I have seen the pics put up by Darrel it seems they are indeed supposed to be that way. Please disreguard my previous comments.

chet
              Zinc stinks!

Comment

Darrell,

As I said before, I’m not saying that your spange is a fake! I’m only noticing that we may have 2 slightly different spange design examples on our hands - as you can see this from my pictures. It would be great to add the second spange design to the “L13 archives”…

Regards
                Robert

Comment

Again I too am not a spange guy but didn't some makers make 3 different sizes of EK2 spange, Prinzen, regular? (sry can't remember name) and the one where the wings came off the edges of the ribbon. Again going by memory here, plz correct if I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
                    Again I too am not a spange guy but didn't some makers make 3 different sizes of EK2 spange, Prinzen, regular? (sry can't remember name) and the one where the wings came off the edges of the ribbon. Again going by memory here, plz correct if I am wrong.
                    Yes, you are correct. It was a model called Prinzen (roughly 25mm in the width). However, I believe that we are talking here about “regular” size….

Regards
                    Robert
                    Last edited by robert60446; 04-18-2005, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane Bennett
                      Hi Shane ... the standard Spanges measured 30mm x 30mm, the smaller (prinzen) versions 25mm x 25mm. This one measures 30mm x 30mm.

Comment

"If George will allow me "

But of course!
                        George

Comment

On the reverse, the four prongs are individually joined to the back, and the maker mark is stamped in L/13. Too bad its so tight, I dont want to straighten out the prongs for fear of breaking one off ...
                          Last edited by h009291; 04-19-2005, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Ahh that's what it was. Thanks guys! You see there is no such thing as a stupid question

Originally posted by h009291
                            Hi Shane ... the standard Spanges measured 30mm x 30mm, the smaller (prinzen) versions 25mm x 25mm. This one measures 30mm x 30mm.

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X