Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nate ellis
    Much better!!!
    I prefer the patina as it was.Each to their own of course.But it will only re-appear next week as it has done in the 2 weeks since you bought it .So what are you going to do clean it ever 2-4 weeks? A couple of years of that and it will soon start to suffer .

As Jim says,Dirt does not belong on any medal but patina in my mind does.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish
      I prefer the patina as it was.Each to their own of course.But it will only re-appear next week as it has done in the 2 weeks since you bought it .So what are you going to do clean it ever 2-4 weeks? A couple of years of that and it will soon start to suffer .

Sorry I mis-read the first post, I thought you said you bought it a couple of weeks ago but you said a couple of years. Should be okay to clean it that infrequently then. I still prefer mine with patina though !

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Fish

Hi Jon,

eZest cleaner works as protector as well. I can guarantee you that this IC will be patina free for many months, so there is no reason to cry!

Best regards

Robert

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
            Robert,

Is this like a fluid or paste??

That cross does look nice. If you inadvertently got some on the painted core, would it have any ill effects??
            It is fluid. I never “tested” this on the black core…

Comment

Last edited by Jim Baker; 04-22-2005, 09:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzerman
                Where can you buy it?? And about how much is it??
                It is <!--StartFragment -->$2.96 ea. Link: http://www.brent-krueger.com/cleaners.html "<!--StartFragment --> eZest, formerly Jeweluster, 5 oz. A liquid tarnish remover for silver, copper and gold coins.".
                Best regards
                Robert
                Ps. Happy Easter!

Comment

My two cents on this....

-Never clean your medals.

-Live with the fact that if you display minty pieces that they will tarnish, but you can enjoy them.
                  If you want them to stay in the same condition you have to store them away from light and new fresh air....but then you cannot enjoy them.
                  The choice is up to you, but you cannot have both.

Pieter.
                  SUUM CUIQUE ...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pieter Verbruggen
                    My two cents on this....

-Never clean your medals.

-Live with the fact that if you display minty pieces that they will tarnish, but you can enjoy them.
                    If you want them to stay in the same condition you have to store them away from light and new fresh air....but then you cannot enjoy them.
                    The choice is up to you, but you cannot have both.

Pieter.
                    You are absolutely correct with your statement! It is hard choice to make…to display or not to display (it is my cheap Shakespeare interpretation)? Believe it or not, but I have few friends (with very nice collections), who are storing their “treasures” in the air free sealed bags, taken from their wife’s kitchen…

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X